mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "New Sample Bank Help Please"

Posted on: February 22, 2009 @ 02:14 AM
boulez
Total Posts:  669
Joined  02-12-2007

Sorry - Have removed most of this question as I found BM’s article “How to load a bank of 128 Voices” which answers most of my query.

However, the part about using the XS Editor to load files as opposed to using a USB stick still stands - any ideas?

.....Using the import function in the XS editor, I can see how to assemble all 3 new Sample Banks into 1 file. Should I not then be able to load this (or any X0A file) direct to the XS over mLAN and dispense with the USB stick? After all, I have imported the full new Sample Bank files into the Editor so you would think everything the XS needed would be there.

Any clarity on this would be greatly appreciated.

B

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 22, 2009 @ 04:15 PM
Yamaha_US
Total Posts:  2540
Joined  07-19-2002

No, the connection between the editor and Motif XS is MIDI.  SO there are no samples transmitted ( you don’t want to even think about how long it would take to send 1 GB of samples over a MIDI sample dump).

So you need to load the samples you want to use into the Motif XS and save them to a USB stick. 

If you are trying to make a combined file of the three banks (which we will be putting up on Monday anyway).

Load the Xspanded Sample Bank 1 as an All file, then load the XSpanded Sample Bank 2 to USer Bank 2 by using tload Voice and instead of selecting a single number , at the end after 128 select All.  This will load all the voices from the bank into User bank 2 as well as the samples needed.  Then do the same thing with XSpanded Sample Bank 3 , but load these to USer Bank 3. 

Or wait until tomorrow .

Also take a look at the post about Saving Voices and Performances as it has some more good information about how to combine Voices.

[ Ignore ]