mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "audio ouputs"

Posted on: February 21, 2009 @ 09:19 PM
levib
Total Posts:  151
Joined  10-22-2007

HI

there are four audio outputs to the motif xs6.
I have to get a way to have at least one more audio output jack.

is there any way, maybe with another device that i can get and plug, to get another audio output?

thanks

L.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 21, 2009 @ 11:20 PM
Yamaha_US
Total Posts:  2540
Joined  07-19-2002

If you can describe why you need another audio output and how you will use it, we probably can make a suggestion.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 22, 2009 @ 03:15 PM
levib
Joined  10-22-2007

all right :)

I connected an electronic drum kit to the motif via Midi cable, so the sounds of the kit are coming from the motif (using the motif sounds or the sampler sounds)

so now im using the outputs like this:

keys - main output 1+2
drums- assaignble output 1+2

for now the drums are going out in stereo. its a problem cause that way i dont have control on the base drum or the sner drum level in a live situation.

I want to leave the sner and toms in stereo, so i need another output for the base drum. it can really make things easier

thanks for the quick answer,

L.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 22, 2009 @ 05:15 PM
Yamaha_US
Total Posts:  2540
Joined  07-19-2002

If you are using the internal Motif XS drum voices and triggering via MIDI from the electronic drum kit , there is a possible solution.

You want the drums in Stereo and a separate output for the Kick and snare.

Try this.  Select a User Drum kit.

Press edit, then the #1 track button.  This is how you edit Drum Kits. Plating the keyboard will now select each individual drum in your it. Play C1 and you should see a bass drum. In F1 Oscillator ( the default page) you will see Output Select.  Set the bass drum to asL, then hit D1 and you should see a snare.  Set this to ASR.

This will set the Bass Drum to assignable L and the Snare to assignable R.  The rest of the drums will be coming out along with the keys, but we assume that you can control the level of the drum kit digitally ina performance or Song/Pattern mix with the Part Level parameter and you have a fader on the Motif XS to control it.

The only other way would be to get a small mixer for the drums and run the individual analog outputs of the electronic kit into the mixer and then the stereo output of the mixer into the Motif XS a/d inputs.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 22, 2009 @ 06:16 PM
levib
Joined  10-22-2007

hanks for your answer
sorry, maybe i didnt explained myself good enough,

i know how to asign a key to an output like you described,

all the sounds that i use are on the motif. part of them are motif’s sounds, and part of them are samples I’ve uploud.
the sner drum have lots of stereo samples witch i have upload, and i tried to put it in mono (on one assinble output) and it sound different, so i would like to keep it on two outputs L+R and so the toms.

but i wish i could seperate the base drum to another output.. so i’ll get: L+R : sner and toms
and another one for kick

this is what I need to do…

is there any way, myabe with another device o do it?

thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Bandwidth Overflow
Next Topic:

Xs sequencer freeze ››