mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Double-sided sdram"

Posted on: February 21, 2009 @ 08:18 PM
rusnaka
Total Posts:  16
Joined  04-23-2007

Is double-sided sdram is ok for my motif xs? I can buy MT 2x512, 133, each has 16 chips.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 21, 2009 @ 09:55 PM
Joe Rocket
Total Posts:  1
Joined  02-20-2009

Hi it should work with the motis XS as long SD133 compatible.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 21, 2009 @ 11:23 PM
Yamaha_US
Total Posts:  2540
Joined  07-19-2002

You should check the manual on page 295 to be sure. You can not use DIMMs that use more than 18 chips on a board, but 16 should be fine.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 04, 2009 @ 08:22 AM
shinenz
Total Posts:  31
Joined  03-03-2009

Has anyone tried ecc ram? 16 chips sdram pc133? Instead of non-ecc ram?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 04, 2009 @ 08:36 AM
sciuriware
Total Posts:  9999
Joined  08-18-2003

Must be the 100th time someone asks.

NO ECC MEMORY IN A MOTIF!

;JOOP!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 04, 2009 @ 12:24 PM
boulez
Total Posts:  669
Joined  02-12-2007

Re Must be the 100th time someone has asked

I agree I have no idea why anyone is concerned with ECC as it is more expensive and harder to find in such old type memory as the XS requires.

To Shinenz:

If it were an ordinary desktop PC, I could tell you from experience that ECC RAM will work and the motherboard will simply ignore the ECC part of the RAM as it does not know about this extra code. Ditto for Parity RAM which is different from ECC.

If you actually have some PC 133 (or PC 100) ECC SDRAM 168 pin DIMMS, then IMHO, you will do no harm whatsoever to your XS by trying them.

If not, why bother?! Just get the above spec non ECC.

Regards

B

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 04, 2009 @ 06:53 PM
shinenz
Joined  03-03-2009

Yeah I have 2 x 512mb ecc ram pc133 sdram chips here and will give them a go before purchasing non-ecc ram just in case!

boulez - 04 March 2009 12:24 PM

I agree I have no idea why anyone is concerned with ECC as it is more expensive and harder to find in such old type memory as the XS requires.

To Shinenz:

If it were an ordinary desktop PC, I could tell you from experience that ECC RAM will work and the motherboard will simply ignore the ECC part of the RAM as it does not know about this extra code. Ditto for Parity RAM which is different from ECC.

If you actually have some PC 133 (or PC 100) ECC SDRAM 168 pin DIMMS, then IMHO, you will do no harm whatsoever to your XS by trying them.

Regards

B

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 05, 2009 @ 07:55 AM
shinenz
Joined  03-03-2009

Well got my motif xs today and tried the ecc ram ( kingston matched pair and they showed up as having 1024mb available, yet to try the sampling so will get back to everyone on that but seem to be ok.

WELL, tried these ecc chips with loading the xpand your world samples and they DO NOT work, so just wanted to confirm with you all. I only tried them as they were lying around, will be the non-ecc type now. What happened was crackles and pops instead of playing the samples.

Hope this helps someone else who wants to know about ecc chips.

Regs
Scott

boulez - 04 March 2009 12:24 PM

To Shinenz:

Regards

B

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ How to perform a crescendo?
Next Topic:

Virus ti and motif xs8 midi question ››