mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Motif XS Crashed v1.12 update"

Posted on: February 21, 2009 @ 09:48 AM
-|ScottFree|-
Total Posts:  21
Joined  07-17-2008

Updated 23/02/09 @17:44

Sorry for the confusion, it appears my noobness got the better of me, I think I may have made some changes in Cubase causing conflicts with the XS. There was no problem at all with V1.12…

Sorry and thanks!!

I have done this a few times before so I have not idea what went wrong this time. I have just installed the newest os for the Motif and now it is not working properly at all. It loads but then just sits on the Master page switching to song mode, no sounds nothing!!

I then get a message MIDI BUFFER FULL.

I have tried to reinstall but it just verifies the os and asks me to turn off.

I was looking for another earlier os to try that, but no joy, cant find anywhere on the net that has an earlier os and I will not be able to format the usb stick using the motif..

Help please.... ideas!!!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 21, 2009 @ 10:26 AM
-|ScottFree|-
Joined  07-17-2008

Not being very familiar with macs, I removed the USB memory without ejecting it first. This left some other data on the usb stick called trash and spotlight. So when installing the new OS it has caused problems. I have only just realised this by putting the USB stick in my PC, it showed these as hidden files.

i have an earlier os edition, going to see if it will install that, if not.. then Im lost!!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 21, 2009 @ 10:44 AM
-|ScottFree|-
Joined  07-17-2008

I have started the install of v1.10.21.. its erasing and writing as I type, I hope this will solve this issue!!.. fingers crossed!!

There was still a problem when I loaded v1.10.21, but it allowed me to be able to format the usb stick in the Motif. I thin reinstalled v1.12.1 and everything seems to be working fine.

One question, generally the OS updater erase everything bt I still have some sequences in song mode that have been saved, is that normal?

anyway, I hope this nightmare is over…

UPDATE:

The xs is borked!!! Ill have to send it away to get fixed.... gutted!!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 21, 2009 @ 12:04 PM
rolando
Total Posts:  8
Joined  08-08-2006

hi

I’m on Mac too

for me no problem, I followed the instructions: usb stick without any other file…

I don’t know why but every file is taken by the motif and corrupt the memory into the board

all the best

Rolando

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 21, 2009 @ 03:12 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

“I thin reinstalled v1.12.1 and everything seems to be working fine.

One question, generally the OS updater erase everything bt I still have some sequences in song mode that have been saved, is that normal?

anyway, I hope this nightmare is over…

UPDATE:

The xs is borked!!! Ill have to send it away to get fixed.... gutted!!”

Not sure what you mean, what is “borked” and what is not working? Please try and be as clear as you can… “everything seems to be working fine.” Is that not a true statement?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 21, 2009 @ 03:46 PM
-|ScottFree|-
Joined  07-17-2008

ok.

I instalIed the os update with other files from the mac that I was unaware where on the usb stick, the Motif boots up and seems to work now ok on its own. I loaded v 1.10 then I managed to format the usb stick using the motif and installed v 1.12.

It appears to be working correctly now, but if I load Cubase it goes haywire and crashes. Not straight away, it just starts playing notes on its own and then crashes, most of the time I get “midi buffer full” error..

Do you have any idea what might be happening.

I have tried reinstalling Cubase and all the necessary add on, maybe it is now software I have in cubase, one of the extensions....What a bad day!!

Update:

I reinstalled OS X on the mac, reinstalled cubase. I have been playing with the motif all the time the install was happening, and everthing was working just fine but again, when I load Cubase and have a midi connection between the 2, the Motif crashes…

I am at a loss now. I think the updating the Motif may have caused this issue. SHould I try installling another XS OS and see how that goes?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 22, 2009 @ 12:32 PM
-|ScottFree|-
Joined  07-17-2008

ok..

My set up.

Yamaha N12 (New, so there could be something conflicting eg. drivers)
Motif XS
Mpc 2500
Macbook

N12 connected to the Macbook via Firewire.
Motif connected to Macbook via USB
MPC not yet connected.

Motif works fine on its own. I have reinstalled 1.07 and the same thing with v1.10 and v1.12, what happens is when I fire up Cubase AI4, the . motif stops operating, press a button and nothing happens. It completely freezes, abut start playing notes on its own....

I am in the process of reinstalling cubase on the mac, and I am going to upgrade back to v1.10 and then v1.12.... I will then fire up cubase and see if I can see where the problem may be!!!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 22, 2009 @ 03:00 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

“I reinstalled OS X on the mac, reinstalled cubase. I have been playing with the motif all the time the install was happening, and everthing was working just fine but again, when I load Cubase and have a midi connection between the 2, the Motif crashes…

I am at a loss now. I think the updating the Motif may have caused this issue. SHould I try installling another XS OS and see how that goes?”

I don’t think the update has anything what-so-ever to do with your problems. I think your setup with Cubase is just wrong. The fact that you did the update has little to do with this. Please stop uninstalling and reinstalling as this very rarely helps and only adds to your frustration.

The MIDI connections, if made improperly, can cause all manner of problems. I highly recommend that if your update reports that it has been successful, that you believe it. We have NEVER had an instance where the XS has told a fib on this point. :)

You are going to have to trust it. 

“N12 connected to the Macbook via Firewire.
Motif connected to Macbook via USB
MPC not yet connected.

Motif works fine on its own. I have reinstalled 1.07 and the same thing with v1.10 and v1.12, what happens is when I fire up Cubase AI4, the . motif stops operating, press a button and nothing happens. It completely freezes, abut start playing notes on its own....

I am in the process of reinstalling cubase on the mac, and I am going to upgrade back to v1.10 and then v1.12.... I will then fire up cubase and see if I can see where the problem may be!!!”

Please stop doing reverting and reinstalling… please!!! There have been no instances where the operating system did not take!!!

We need to get you straight on setting up Cubase AI4.5.2 You do not mention that you have Cubase AI 4.5.2. If you do not please update your version of Cubase to this version.

Also make sure you have the following settings in Cubase AI
Go to DEVICES > DEVICE SETUP… MIDI > MIDI PORT SETUP

Make sure in the final column “In ‘All Inputs’” that ONLY the Yamaha Motif XS-1 (Port 1) is marked. Please clear all other marks in that column.

Let us know.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 22, 2009 @ 03:10 PM
-|ScottFree|-
Joined  07-17-2008

I installed 1.07, then 1.10 then 1.12 then I factory reset.

I reinstalled OS x

I installed Cubase & update 4.5.2

Installed the DAW extension for the N12 and XS

I have just followed the instructions that you have given and everything is working perfectly.

I have no idea what it was that caused these issues, but your help was appreciated.

Thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Tap tempo (old thread never dies :)
Next Topic:

Any chance to have no gap on new os ?!? ››