mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Sample Bank 3 released"

Page 1 of 2
Posted on: February 20, 2009 @ 10:27 PM
Yamaha_US
Total Posts:  2540
Joined  07-19-2002

BTW. the Xspand Your World Sample Bank 3 is now available by clicking on the XSpand Your World logo at the right.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 20, 2009 @ 11:59 PM
Jote
Total Posts:  1549
Joined  07-29-2002

I was just about to go to sleep when I noticed this, so I’m quietly rehearsing the new sounds ;)

One problem though - several voices, like A07 “Gretsch 1&2;” or B06 “Who Are You?” seem to utilize USER ARPEGGIOS, and since this is .X0V, not .X0A, the arpeggios in question are blank.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 21, 2009 @ 12:38 AM
Synthgeek
Total Posts:  668
Joined  11-18-2003

Yes, it seems a couple voices were assigned to a user arp that needs an XOG or all file.  Other than that though....

This bank rocks!  New material and fantastic guitars both acoustic and electric.  Good basses too. These are what I have been missing.  Only half way through the bank and have not heard the ethnic voices yet.  Thanks Yamaha.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 21, 2009 @ 01:00 AM
Yamaha_US
Joined  07-19-2002

We will be putting an All file up soon that has all three banks combined.

However the User arps are the arps that are in the SampleBank 1 All file.

So if you load the sample bank 1 All file first, then load the Sample Bank 3 All Voice file into User Bank 3, everything will play correctly.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 21, 2009 @ 01:03 AM
Yamaha_US
Joined  07-19-2002

FYI, the ethnic sounds are in Voices 65-128 and they do not use user samples , but Preset waveforms. 

So this can be loaded into the Motif XS rack as well.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 21, 2009 @ 02:16 AM
KJandKT
Total Posts:  648
Joined  07-12-2008

Really stellar.  The guitars are really top notch.  This is such an awesome addon… Korg and the Roland may have their free downloards for sounds, but don’t come even close to the realism that you guys are able to acheive...that’s why I picked this keyboard over the competitors’ , when I purchased it over the summer. 

Quick question:  Is it possible for you guys to make a data sheet pdf or information type sheet that lists all of the new sounds, with what locations they are placed in when loaded and what the various controllers do for the sounds (something like the data book that comes wwith the motif xs)?  That would be real handy to have upfront. 

Thanks for all of your hard work.  Extremely pleased…

God bless

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 21, 2009 @ 02:20 AM
KJandKT
Total Posts:  648
Joined  07-12-2008

One more thing...thanks for the extra performances with the 1st download.  I love the performances.  The quick quality backing-type function of them is a primary reason that I chose this keyboard.  Any chance of making more for download that could be used with the 2nd and 3rd sets??  Or even in the future, maybe making some good sets that could be downloaded as a purchase? 

Thanks again.  Have a blessed night!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 21, 2009 @ 02:28 AM
dorremifasol
Total Posts:  1534
Joined  10-17-2005

Thank you!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 21, 2009 @ 04:12 AM
Synthgeek
Total Posts:  668
Joined  11-18-2003

So if you load the sample bank 1 All file first, then load the Sample Bank 3 All Voice file into User Bank 3, everything will play correctly.

Worked like a charm.  I even fixed it so I have all three in one all file and no illegal file error on single loads.  Even from the first bank.

Went back to bank two and even though I had most of these there are some new ones.  A few really good ones.

The ethnic voices on the last bank are good too.  Even though they did not use new samples the are better than the stock ethnic sounds.  There is even a few voice transition patches using the AF switches.

As a whole, all the downloads give you plenty of material.  Great voices.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 21, 2009 @ 04:53 AM
Mike777
Total Posts:  95
Joined  08-27-2008

newbie questions. Are these all new sounds for my XS?  I see there are 3 banks?  Can I load all 3 banks and will they be saved when the XS is powered off?  How to load these banks?  thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 21, 2009 @ 06:11 AM
papaphoenix
Total Posts:  1614
Joined  03-09-2004

Thank you Athan, i will also report in french forum how using the user arp who are in bank1.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 21, 2009 @ 07:01 AM
dorremifasol
Total Posts:  1534
Joined  10-17-2005
Jote - 20 February 2009 11:59 PM

One problem though - several voices, like A07 “Gretsch 1&2;” or B06 “Who Are You?” seem to utilize USER ARPEGGIOS, and since this is .X0V, not .X0A, the arpeggios in question are blank.

Shouldn’t the arpeggios used in user voices be saved in .X0V files? Just like used waveforms are saved.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 22, 2009 @ 06:12 AM
bobbybland
Total Posts:  1271
Joined  01-04-2008

Yamaha US wrote:  Voices 65-128 and they do not use user samples , but Preset waveforms.

So this can be loaded into the Motif XS rack as well.

Not working here.I tried doing this in the rack’s editor by importing the file,but the rack isn’t able to see the .xov file
Can you please just post the racks version.. Thanks,less confusion.

Thought I should post here as Athan posted this here and it’s not working.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 22, 2009 @ 06:51 AM
papaphoenix
Joined  03-09-2004

Hi bobbybland, just select the good file type format in the bottom of the import windows:

Selecting the good file format :
http://papanix.free.fr/images/XSrackEditor/12.jpg

Xs rack editor import windows with the voices start to 65
http://papanix.free.fr/images/XSrackEditor/13.jpg

multi with 2 voices of XSpanded3 into the Xs rack editor
http://papanix.free.fr/images/XSrackEditor/14.jpg

Ps you can also import voices coming from a Motif Xs all file ....

hope it’s help

Image Attachments
12.jpg
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 22, 2009 @ 09:04 AM
bobbybland
Total Posts:  1271
Joined  01-04-2008

Hello Papa,
Yes I’m aware on how to do this ,but on my rack xs with latest vst3 editor this is not possible.This is why I posted.I’m well aware on how to do this as I’ve done this many times with the keyfax libraries no problems.I have selected the correct view.. It’s just not working.Don’t know why,but it’s NoT.. If yours is working mine should be too.

Hopefully they will just sift through the sounds and zip it up and share it with us rack xs users.Again sorry to post in the xs forum.. later.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 22, 2009 @ 09:50 AM
papaphoenix
Joined  03-09-2004

I have just try with the Rack XS editor into studio manager outside cubase.
I didn’t know why it’s not working and can’t try more cause i didn’t own a XS rack.

[ Ignore ]  

Page 1 of 2

Previous Topic:

‹‹ How do I record a master from my Motif XS8?
Next Topic:

Studio Manager problems ››