mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "How do I record a master from my Motif XS8?"

Posted on: February 20, 2009 @ 10:00 PM
elienigenburg
Total Posts:  5
Joined  02-20-2009

So I have an XS8 which I use in conjunction with my Tascam 8-track (DP-02CF). I take the tracks from the Tascam and load them as samples and mix them with the MIDI parts in Song Mode. I want to get the best output possible to make a WAV/MP3 but other than running analog back to the Tascam, I can’t figure it out. I have Cubase and all the stuff that came with my XS8 and it is all working but I don’t understand the computer part since it’s all in the keyboard just the way I like it. I don’t have S/PDIF input on my computer or 8-track so that’s that. What can I do? Can I use the firewire?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 20, 2009 @ 10:08 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Yes you can. If you have a firewire port on your computer. You can record the L&R;Output via mLAN to create a WAV file in Cubase.

You did not mention what type of computer or operating system you are running on your computer, but you can create the wav file quickly and easily via firewire.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 28, 2009 @ 03:38 PM
elienigenburg
Total Posts:  5
Joined  02-20-2009

I have Windows XP. Thanks for the tip! At least I know where to start looking. I am sure I’ll figure it out now that I know which cable and which software to use…

Thanks, eli

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Tutoring/workshops for new XS users
Next Topic:

Sample Bank 3 released ››