mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Motif ES-8 Song/Track Mixing"

Posted on: February 20, 2009 @ 01:39 PM
hagarm
Total Posts:  3
Joined  02-20-2009

I’ve owned my Motif ES-8 for several years now, but still do not know how to mix the volume of the tracks in a completed song.  The manual is woefully inadequate in this area.  It “hints” that the capability is there and even shows a volume mixing screen.  However, it does not give step-by-step instructions for doing the realtime mixing and saving it.  I’ve looked for other sources also, but found nothing.

Any help is appreciated.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 20, 2009 @ 02:48 PM
PeterG
Total Posts:  2052
Joined  01-30-2004

I am not sure if you are over-thinking this, or if I am misunderstanding you, but mixing on the ES is really simple.  Press Song, select your Song, press Mixing, then [F1] VOL/PAN. Now you can navigate to each track, and use the buttons to select the slider for volume (level). (You can also use the pan pot at the top for...pan). So you can mix your song in this screen, and you can do these changes whilst playing the Song to hear what you are doing on the fly. You “save” the Mix simply by pressing the STORE button.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 20, 2009 @ 06:58 PM
hagarm
Total Posts:  3
Joined  02-20-2009

I noticed that a “Peter G” responded,but there’s no comments associated with his ID.  Peter, please respond if you can assist.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 20, 2009 @ 07:44 PM
PeterG
Total Posts:  2052
Joined  01-30-2004

Yes, it’s a bug on the forum!  I can see my post, so it’s odd that you cannot.  I’ll repeat it in case you can see it now :

I am not sure if you are over-thinking this, or if I am misunderstanding you, but mixing on the ES is really simple.  Press Song, select your Song, press Mixing, then [F1] VOL/PAN. Now you can navigate to each track, and use the buttons to select the slider for volume (level). (You can also use the pan pot at the top for...pan). So you can mix your song in this screen, and you can do these changes whilst playing the Song to hear what you are doing on the fly. You “save” the Mix simply by pressing the STORE button.

Peter

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 20, 2009 @ 09:04 PM
Johnny-Boy
Total Posts:  963
Joined  06-07-2006

Yeah, very strange. When you’re logged-in you can’t see the replies on your threads (only other threads).

If you log-out you should be able to see the replies.

John

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Noob Warning!! Pro Tools & Reason
Next Topic:

Synclavier Gong from Beat It intro ››