mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Access virus and XS8 audio routing?"

Posted on: February 18, 2009 @ 11:50 PM
bbsounds
Total Posts:  93
Joined  08-23-2008

HI, I have a question about the A/D Inputs on the XS8.  As of now I have the XS8 outputting sound through the digital outs into my audio interface presonus digital in.  I will be getting a virus ti2 in a few days and want to know if I connect the output of the virus to the A/D inputs on the XS8, Will the sounds of the virus also be outputted to My DAW as well ? Rather than outputting the virus to my presonus.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 19, 2009 @ 04:59 AM
djlowkey
Total Posts:  119
Joined  12-06-2008

Yes everything will work fine. I currently am running my Triton Extreme into the a/ds on the XS which goes digital into my mbox 2. I was actually very happy with the results, just set your input near the a/ds and your ready to go.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 19, 2009 @ 05:54 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

The AD INPUT arrives in the Motif XS and has its own parameters.

Go to [UTILITY]
Press [F2] I/O
Here you can set the GAIN parameter (MIC/LINE); you would set it to LINE (the default). There is a GAIN control knob on the back panel of the Motif XS for level adjustments.

In VOICE mode, the AD INPUT audio parameters are found as follows:
Press [UTILITY]
Press [F4] VOICE AUDIO
Here you can control the incoming signal.
There is a VOLUME control and a PAN control. Set the MONO/STEREO parameter to match what it is you’re plugging in; if the device is stereo use “stereo”, if mono select the input you used, “L mono” or “R mono”.
The OUTPUT SELECT parameter allows you to send the AD INPUT to the main “L&R;”, or out to the assignable L&R;jacks ("asL&R;") on the back panel, if you want to separate its output.

You also can, if you select the main L&R;output, use the REVERB SEND and CHORUS SEND to add Motif XS SYSTEM EFFECTS to your signal.
Additionally there is a DRY LEVEL parameter for balancing it versus the Effect sends.

When in PERFORMANCE mode or when you are in the Sequencer SONG > MIXING mode or PATTERN > MIXING mode, you have a separate control setup for each program.

From the main PERFORMANCE, SONG MIXING or PATTERN MIXING screen:
Press [EDIT]
Press [COMMON EDIT]
Press [F4] AUDIO IN
Here you will find the same parameters that were global for VOICE mode, in each Performance, and in each Song Mixing, and each Pattern Mixing setup. So you can customize your AD INPUT in each instance.

Additionally, when using these modes you can add Motif XS INSERTION EFFECTS to any AD INPUT.
While in [COMMON EDIT]
Press [F5] EFFECT
Press [SF2] INS SWITCH
Here you can activate the Insertion Effects for any 8 PARTS (including the AD INPUT Part) ... shown in screen shot below…
If you place a check mark next to the AD item (you may need to turn it OFF on some other PART in order to activated it on the AD PART) you can then select any two INSERTION EFFECTS to apply to the incoming signal.

Once the AD PART is selected:
Press [[F4] AUDIO IN
Press [SF2] CONNECT
Here you can select any two INSERTION EFFECTS to apply to you incoming synth ... shown in screen shot below ...
Press [SF3] and [SF4] to then EDIT those effects.

When completed press [STORE] to write your setting to the Performance, or Song Mix or Pattern Mix (depending on which you are using).

Hope that helps.

Image Attachments
SongModeCmp.JPGADinsertSwitch.JPG
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 19, 2009 @ 11:35 PM
bbsounds
Total Posts:  93
Joined  08-23-2008

thank you...:)

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Adding Phrase in Song Mode?