mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "MIDI Song Question - Sounds not chaning no PC’s"

Posted on: February 18, 2009 @ 05:43 PM
Venatt
Total Posts:  744
Joined  07-11-2004

I saved I MIDI song from the internet (Kim Wilde-You keep me Hanging On) and loaded and saved it into a Song on my MotifXS. The thing is that I can’t chage the sounds and there is no PC(Program Change) to delete. It automatically picks GM Sounds. If I change a sound and then restart the song no matter what I do it will go back of a General Midi Sound.

The song sounds great with the sounds it chooses by itself but I want to experiment with other voices. How can I change these voices permanently ?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 18, 2009 @ 06:00 PM
TonyPhillips
Total Posts:  844
Joined  09-16-2005

There’s probably a GM RESET SysEx command in there.  If that’s there, it will reset the Tone Generator to GM presets every time, regardless if there’s PC data there or no.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 18, 2009 @ 07:41 PM
Yamaha_US
Total Posts:  2540
Joined  07-19-2002

Yes, there is porbably a GM reset message. Many files have this on Tack 1, but you can use the view filter on the Motif XS editor to look at ONLY SysEx message ( uncheck everything else so you don’t accidently erases any notes or controllers, then look at the beginning of the tracks to find the SysEx message for GM reset and delete it.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 19, 2009 @ 01:35 AM
Venatt
Total Posts:  744
Joined  07-11-2004

Got it! yes it was on track one! Thank you very much.

[ Ignore ]