mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Arpeggio change with foot controller"

Posted on: February 18, 2009 @ 02:02 AM
tarzan
Total Posts:  3
Joined  04-18-2007

Hi All,
Sorry if anyone replied to this already but I posted my message a couple of days ago on the old site and I can’t see any answers.

I want to be able to make arpeggio changes using a foot pedal or controller. It’s fairly hard to make the changes while playing live when both hands are on the keyboards.
I am not sure if it’s possible to change the arp with a foot controller but hopefully someone can let me know a way of doing this.

From what I’ve seen in many hours of trying to find a solution the only possibility might be in purchasing a midi foot controller but before I go off and spend a £100 or more on a one of these toys I wanted to make sure I wasn’t about to waste money if there is a better cheaper solution - and if the midi controller won’t work I guess it’s best to know before I spend my hard earned cash!

Thanks for the feedback.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 21, 2009 @ 10:34 PM
tarzan
Total Posts:  3
Joined  04-18-2007

Would the MFC10 Midi foot controller provide the answer to this. Has anyone had any experience of using a midi foot controller to change the arpeggio to save using the SF1-5 buttons?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 22, 2009 @ 01:42 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Is there a way of changing the arpeggio that is running using a footswitch during live play?
When both hands are playing keys its usually quite difficult to hit the button to switch between arpeggios.

No. Sorry, you cannot switch between arpeggios with a footswitch. It does take some practice but much like using Section buttons in any arranger you can coordinate it. Simply make sure you have the arpeggios CHANGE TIMING parameter set to the “Measure” - meaning that the arpeggio phrase will switch at the top of the next measure.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 22, 2009 @ 05:15 PM
delirium
Total Posts:  2441
Joined  11-16-2006

>>>Sorry, you cannot switch between arpeggios with a footswitch.

that sucks…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 22, 2009 @ 05:43 PM
keytarhero
Total Posts:  305
Joined  07-03-2008

I hope I’m not beating a dead horse…

But, would something like the Korg EC-5 work for this...assuming it’s compatible with all boards…
eh-it is 6-pin connection.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/143482-REG/Korg_EC5_EC5_5_Switch_Multi_Function.html

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 23, 2009 @ 12:03 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

No. Sorry, you cannot switch between arpeggios with a footswitch.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Timeout error,anyone else getting this -with new vst3 editor?
Next Topic:

R&B;Soft Voice ››