mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "VST Editor Proble : Port Open Error"

Posted on: February 16, 2009 @ 10:46 PM
Santa
Total Posts:  89
Joined  12-04-2007

Hi,

Thanks to the Yamaha folks for the long awaited VST editor.  I’m very excited about it, but unfortunately I haven’t been able to make it work.

I’m getting an error message that says “PORT OPEN ERROR”, and obviously there is no connection between the PC and the Motif. 

I tried going in the Setup screen in the editor: at the mLan device box, it says “Not Assigned”, and if I try to change that to Motif XS, it doesn’t work.

I’m running Windows XP on a Music XPC notebook.  I don’t recall doing anything other than installing the new software.  Maybe I was supposed to update the Motif’s OS, or the Steinberg Extensions? 

Thanks for the help.  Hope I get to use this soon.

Santa

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 16, 2009 @ 11:31 PM
Synthgeek
Total Posts:  668
Joined  11-18-2003

From the notes in the download.

Known Issues
- When connecting the computer and the MOTIF-RACK XS instrument via a USB cable in Windows Vista, MIDI transfer will fail and the message “Port Open Error” will appear even if the MIDI settings of the MOTIF-RACK XS Editor VST are set correctly. To solve this problem, remove the checkmark for the Port 4 of MIDI input (Yamaha MOTIF-RACK XS6/7/8 – 4) in the “All MIDI Input” section and “Visible” section in the [Devices] → [Device Setup] → [MIDI Port Setup] in Cubase.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 17, 2009 @ 09:50 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Please tell us your situation… what is your audio interface? You mention ‘mLAN’ but stop short of saying that you have an mLAN16E2 installed in your Motif XS.

If you do, you must start the driver you are using before launching Cubase. So, for example, say you are using the AI Driver version 1.6.3 you would need to ensure that it is ON, prior to launching Cubase. Cubase, when it launches, will look for what audio hardware you are using and make those ports available.

Take the time and fill out your Profile and include your gear. It helps when you have a question.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 20, 2009 @ 12:40 AM
Santa
Total Posts:  89
Joined  12-04-2007

To answer the question, I have a Motif XS8, so there is the mLan m16E or whatever installed.

I do wait till the driver starts before starting Cubase.

Might it be a problem with version numbers on the different drivers and extensions?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 20, 2009 @ 03:40 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Yes, it could be that or it could be that you have not set the Motif XS8 to MIDI IN/OUT = mLAN.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Don’t see the whole thread when being logged in
Next Topic:

FW driver for 32-bit Vista SP1 ››