mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Suggestions for future Motif"

Posted on: February 16, 2009 @ 05:57 PM
zikerstu
Total Posts:  326
Joined  08-06-2008

Hey just wondering if/when Yamaha releases the next monster synth, would it be possible to include a video “monitor out” connection and a seperate volume control for the headphones out that is unaffected by the master volume? Just wondering. I have a difficult time hunching down to see the screen as I have to stack the smaller keyboards over the XS. I can’t see the screen when I have last minute programming to do before shows. I also have to adjust the mixer level when the drummer has to wear headphones in order to stay in sync with arpeggiated/sliced patches but it’s usually all the way up and it becomes way too loud in the main mix. Thanks, Yamaha is the best!!!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 16, 2009 @ 10:23 PM
Randelph
Total Posts:  315
Joined  02-21-2007

good suggestions!

i have one as well- as technology becomes ever more complex, the winners in the synth competition will be the ones that make it ever more intuitive or at least ever more learnable.

so how about a screen at least the size of the fantom g, and built in videos/flash content that guide you through EVERY aspect of learning the system, such that if you’re on any screen there’s a help button that leads you to help topics related to that screen.

i nearly gave up on the xs- i love the sounds, but i’ve found it slow learning (I’m still trying to get the basics of the Voice level to do what i want before jumping to Performance mode) and have been sorely tempted by the Korg M3.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 17, 2009 @ 07:21 AM
vizion
Total Posts:  231
Joined  01-06-2007

I’m not convinced that a new board is needed. But I would PAY for a manual written by a WRITER!

A lawyer shouldn’t be his own client. A musician shouldn’t master his own CD’s. (See where this is going?)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 17, 2009 @ 02:13 PM
maymanuel1
Total Posts:  43
Joined  03-26-2008

If we are going to have a monster screen, how about we make it touch screen?? Worth the try..

More accordions and pan flutes..

Maybe integrated memory like the Triton Studio??

Jr.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 17, 2009 @ 03:54 PM
TheDukester
Total Posts:  3345
Joined  01-18-2003

“Hey just wondering if/when Yamaha releases the next monster synth, would it be possible to include a video “monitor out” connection”

That’s not a bad idea. Something that you might be able to hook up to your computer or notebook so you could get a “better look” what you’re doing. Voice Editor and Multi-Part Editor serve this purpose for editing,but in a “Live” setting this feature might help make those adjustments you want to make “on the fly”.

“and a seperate volume control for the headphones out that is unaffected by the master volume?”

This is a good idea until they make good “cans” with volume control.

“i have one as well- as technology becomes ever more complex, the winners in the synth competition will be the ones that make it ever more intuitive or at least ever more learnable.

Doesn’t make that much difference how much more “learnable” the instrument is made. For the complexities you’re looking for such as intuitivity will just expand the learning curve or you’re just not in control of the workstation. Vista is supposed to be more “intuitive” but is far more trouble than it’s worth.

“so how about a screen at least the size of the fantom g, and built in videos/flash content that guide you through EVERY aspect of learning the system, such that if you’re on any screen there’s a help button that leads you to help topics related to that screen.”

...and let’s pay “what” for this addition? Thank goodness there are tutorial videos. I’ve gone from the “Get Motifated” to the “XS Master Class” and “Sound Advice” working one task/feature at a time have gotten a pretty good handle on my axe. I know that patience isn’t the long suit for eager creators,but a little patience gets a whole lot more in your head. I started with no knowledge 6 years ago. Once I “learned” how to “learn” the information came quicker and was even able to get a little ahead. These workstations can do so much,but you must take the time to get under the hood to see just how flexable it really is.

“i nearly gave up on the xs- i love the sounds, but i’ve found it slow learning (I’m still trying to get the basics of the Voice level to do what i want before jumping to Performance mode) and have been sorely tempted by the Korg M3.”

It isn’t “instant coffee”. You’ve got to get under the hood.

“I’m not convinced that a new board is needed. But I would PAY for a manual written by a WRITER”

Learning “how” to use the manual is a skill in itself. Thank God for “The Bad1” and his Power User Guides and Keyfax for this site.

I’m one of those “ol’timers” on this site who remembers when this much at one’s disposal didn’t exist.I suppose being “raised” with these luxuries has its own perspective of things. Regardless, Patience is still the virtue. As much as technology advances, the way to do things and learn things haven’t changed. You have to take your time and take the time to examine just what you “can” do. I mentioned that I have the “XS Master Class” DVD. Well, watching “that” video, I learned things that I could do in the ES that I had no idea could be done.

Print out the learning aids. Get the DVDs. Pour your beverage of choice (or roll your pleasure). Put on the answering machine (or let the Voice Mail handle your calls). Get into some comfortable cloths and sit down and get under the hood of the workstation.
Most of all...be patient with the axe...and yourself.
Just a thought.......

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Some things about Motif XS
Next Topic:

" time out error" in new motif vst editor ››