mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Some things about Motif XS"

Posted on: February 16, 2009 @ 04:45 PM
adymeshter
Total Posts:  4
Joined  02-12-2009

Hello everybody,

My name is Adrian Mester, I’m 32 years old, I live in Romania and now I’m a lucky owner of a Motif XS6. I also own Yamaha W7 (since 1997), Roland Super JV-1080 (since 1999) and Yamaha PSR-2100 (since 2005). I chose Motif XS because I like the sounds, the interface and the features. My goal is to replace W7 because I have some problems with it. The LCD is dark, the floppy disk is malfunctioning and some buttons are dead. Ok, now I want to say something about the Motif XS. Everything is cool but some functions that W7 has, the Motif XS doesn’t have. I don’t know if this is the right place to make this thread, but here is a list of some functions that I need:

- Song Job and Pattern Job: Shift note. With this job you can shift a note into another note on a same track. With Motif XS you can do that if you extract that note (with Extract Event) into another track, transpose it and finally mix the track back in the first track which is a little difficult, especially if you don’t have an empty track.
- File Mode: Save a song, a pattern, a voice, a performance or an arpeggio (especially a song and a performance), which would be useful for many of us.
- Key on start feature in Song Mode like in Pattern Mode
- The possibility to type from the ASCII keyboard the number for an arpeggio when you choose an arpeggio in every mode you can choose, because of the wide range (0001-6633) (like the start, loop and end point of a sample)
- The possibility to record in Performance Mode a song from a specific measure and each part to a specific track
- The possibility to record in Pattern Mode from a specific measure without erases the notes from the previous measures (in Record Type ‘replace’ like in Song Mode).
- The possibility to store a favorite list from Category Search (I don’t know how to do that if it’s possible).

I desperately need those functions so if the programmers can do that it would be nice if the next OS version will include those functions too.

- I found a bug in File Mode: when I choose a specific voice from an ‘all voices’ or ‘all’ type file, the voice stored is another that I chose or is nothing, just a silence (for example some of the voices from the XS Sample Bank 1 available for free on this site)

I think the upgrade from version 1.1.2 to 1.5 will be a huge step in programming so I expect to be a big improvement and a long list with functions and fixes.

Thank you very much ! You make a good job for us !

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 16, 2009 @ 09:08 PM
ymxs8
Total Posts:  112
Joined  03-09-2007

look! another novel Romanian here !
Glad i;m not alone.
congrat on your new acquisition!

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Getting Started with the Motif XS Editor VST
Next Topic: