mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "VST editor?"

Page 1 of 2
Posted on: February 16, 2009 @ 01:15 AM
MPC5000
Total Posts:  11
Joined  01-19-2005

Are we getting it? Or has it been delayed again?
I have been a loyal and quiet Yamaha supporter for a while now. Owning an EX7, Motif ES and now an XS. I have also supported mlan in both the ES and XS, to go along with my 01X and i88x. All recorded into Cubase 4.5 (I have Cubase studio 4 for my laptop). But I have to admit, I’m losing faith and patience with Yamaha. Way too many delays in getting fixes and updates out, if things are fixed at all. I’m really starting to wonder why I’ve been bothered with it all. Don’t get me wrong, I LUV the sound of every yamaha keyboard I have owned. But this whole mlan, studio integration thing among the Yamaha/Steinberg products is not working as well as I had hoped for. It really doesn’t do that much more than any other sequencer hardware combination.
I am completely underwhelmed with Cubase 5, and so far have not been satisfied with the almost year old vaporware for the XS. We can’t even sync lfo’s to tempo! Something that is really important to me, and I mistakenly assumed the XS could do.
I’m sorry for the long rant, just tired of the constant delays. I’m going to stick this out until the new generation of workstations come out. But I highly doubt I’ll go with Yamaha and mlan again. A good pci or pci-e card seems the way to go next time. I just wish Yamaha would give an option to purchase an adat expansion output for their keyboards for the people who might want the Yamaha sound, but not the rest of the drama.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 16, 2009 @ 02:36 AM
keytarhero
Total Posts:  305
Joined  07-03-2008

The new word was that there were hopes to have it out within 10 days, which would’ve been by this past Friday.  So, have faith through early this next week!  =D

It upset me the most when it was said it would be available within a month from July (being August).  But I’ve placed further faith on the project.  A bit confusing, but hopefully something will turn out early this next week.

Cheers

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 16, 2009 @ 03:46 AM
bobbybland
Total Posts:  1271
Joined  01-04-2008

Yamaha U.S. mentioned it’s arrival would make it here by Monday.. Anyone excited?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 16, 2009 @ 07:11 AM
dorremifasol
Total Posts:  1534
Joined  10-17-2005

For all impatients out there:

http://www.yamaha.co.jp/product/syndtm/dl/synth/motifxs/#editorvst

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 16, 2009 @ 08:45 AM
robbie50
Total Posts:  283
Joined  09-14-2007

Great!

Thanks doremifasol.........la, la, la

robbie

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 16, 2009 @ 08:52 AM
dorremifasol
Joined  10-17-2005

Well I have tested it and it seems to work :P

However, until I find the option (it it exists, that is) that allows to import the XS libraries into Cubase to use them in the VST editor, I’m not very impressed… :(

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 16, 2009 @ 11:57 AM
BajaCapt
Total Posts:  326
Joined  03-25-2008

Thanks for the heads up and link Dorremidasol.
Also according to info in that link the Yamaha Steinberg Firewire Driver 64Bit is scheduled for March 3rd :D
Yahoo Babel Fish translator sure comes in handy during this times :)

Jose

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 16, 2009 @ 01:48 PM
bobbybland
Joined  01-04-2008

Have latest editor update - via Usb -
I have an audio connection it seems as the (audition function is working)so it seems as I’m getting audio,but no midi connection will trigger the audio?

I do see the XS editor Gui’s keyboard light up when I hit a key on my controller though,but I get no sound when I try to play.

I’m lost here,what am I missing.

My port config is : Midi In = Port 4
Midi Out = Port XS-1 + XS 4

My other Vsti’s are working fine when I trigger them from my controller.

Anyone have any idea’s? Thanks..

I’ve tried in both the editor and mediabay..

Furthermore - I’m using the mouse to trigger the XS editor Gui’s keyboard,and I’m not getting an audio out,but as soon as I HIT AUDITION I do get audio??

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 16, 2009 @ 02:05 PM
Yamaha_US
Total Posts:  2540
Joined  07-19-2002

The VST editor is up on the English site here :

http://www.yamahasynth.com/download/motif_xs.html

They just did not have time yesterday to put the news update on the front page.

Bobby Bland, MIDI In should be set to Port 1. The Motif XS’s internal tone generator always sends and receives MIDI on Port 1.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 16, 2009 @ 02:16 PM
dorremifasol
Joined  10-17-2005

Thank you Athan for the update.

Please, will it be possible to convert individual sounds of our XS libraries to VST3 presets? I really thought it was one of the main purposes of the XS VST3 interface.

Now when you save a preset from the editor it seems to save all the mix, but when you select a default preset from mediabay it is just one voice, I’m confused! :(

I can’t save my own voices as vst presets and create a mix with them later, because the editor saves complete mixes.

Maybe I’m missing something?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 16, 2009 @ 02:24 PM
bobbybland
Joined  01-04-2008

Hello Yamaha Us,
Thanks for the quick reply.I should have mentioned that the area for port 1 has a line through it,or it’s not able to change.The port 4 below it in the setup page is what I meant by that..

If I change that to port 1,I get a timeout connection,so that does not work. Any other suggestions?
Can you post a pic on how you have yours working? Thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 16, 2009 @ 03:06 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Do you have the Motif XS or the Motif Rack XS?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 16, 2009 @ 03:24 PM
keith.roche
Total Posts:  837
Joined  01-29-2007

Also, I once read somewhere that the VST can run standalone. But I dint find it so. :P

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 16, 2009 @ 10:53 PM
bobbybland
Joined  01-04-2008
Bad_Mister - 16 February 2009 03:06 PM

Do you have the Motif XS or the Motif Rack XS?

Hello Bad Mister,
I have the Rack XS.Is the connection different?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 16, 2009 @ 11:08 PM
Synthgeek
Total Posts:  668
Joined  11-18-2003

One thing if you did not already know.  The rack VST3 editor is a separate download.  Don’t use the XS editor.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 16, 2009 @ 11:17 PM
Synthgeek
Total Posts:  668
Joined  11-18-2003

Never mind.  It might be different now.

[ Ignore ]  

Page 1 of 2