mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Prospective Rack XS Purchase – Help Please"

Posted on: February 15, 2009 @ 08:04 PM
Kkarlv
Total Posts:  41
Joined  02-15-2009

I’m considering buying a Rack XS but have a few “newbie” questions that I hope someone can help with:

1. I have a Yamaha DTXpress IV Special Drum Kit and was hoping that similar kits and sounds would be available on the XS. I’m especially interested in reproducing the Oak, Beech and Maple Custom kits featured on the DTX. I know that the XS has a bunch of kits and sounds but can’t find any specific reference to these particular kits. Does anyone know if the XS has these? I have found reference to the Oak Custom here: http://www.sonicstate.com/news/2009/01/17/wnamm09-expand-your-motif-xs/ - “Yamaha’s Tokyo Research and Development team has also been working on new samples for the Motif XS. A free promo pack features ethnic sounds from around the world, including sitar, tabla and a complete Indian percussion kit, as well as baliphones, mbiras and hammered dulcimer. Western instruments include a Yamaha electric bass, organs sampled with rotary speaker and chorus, a Yamaha Oak Custom drum kit and new percussion sounds.” But I don’t know if these sounds will be suitable for the Rack XS or where to get them from….

2. I’ve seen a lot of publicity regarding the XSPand Your World promotion (http://www.yamahasynth.com/products/motifxs/pdf/XSPAND_YOUR_WORLD_E.pdf ) but am unsure if the free sound libraries are compatible with the Rack XS; can someone clarify/confirm?

Apologies if these topics have been covered before but I’m obviously unable to search history from the “old” site right now.

Many thanks in advance for any help.

Kkarl

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 16, 2009 @ 12:28 AM
Yamaha_US
Total Posts:  2540
Joined  07-19-2002

The Motif XS rack does not have sample RAM.  So many of the sounds in the XSpand Your World promotion can’t be loaded into the rack because they are sampled based .

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 16, 2009 @ 02:24 AM
keytarhero
Total Posts:  305
Joined  07-03-2008

So can some of them be loaded?  If so, might a separate bundle be compiled for Rack XS users?  =)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 16, 2009 @ 02:23 PM
Yamaha_US
Total Posts:  2540
Joined  07-19-2002

Yes, we already talked about getting to that after all the libraries are released in Motif XS format.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 16, 2009 @ 04:16 PM
Kkarlv
Total Posts:  41
Joined  02-15-2009

Doh!

Thanks for the feedback anyway.

Does the XS-Rack have anything similar to the DTXpressIV’s internal sounds/kits then? Again, I’m particularly interested in the “custom” kits featured on the DTXPressIV. I know that the XS’s sounds can be tweaked quite a lot but don’t know if it will be possible to reproduce anything similar to the “custom” kits.

Cheers

Kkarl

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 16, 2009 @ 05:05 PM
keytarhero
Total Posts:  305
Joined  07-03-2008

Thanks Yamaha!  =D

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Editor
Next Topic: