mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "insertion effects in song mode?"

Posted on: February 15, 2009 @ 07:06 PM
daryl
Total Posts:  35
Joined  07-19-2004

my question is, are the insertion effects, like compression available to me on individual tracks in song mix mode, I can’t seem to find it. I see it is available in voice mode but I’m not seeing it in song mix mode, I know there is a multi-band compressor for the overall sound but what if I just want to compress one instrument. I’m not sure I’m understanding how the insert switch works or what it is used for. Thanks in advance!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 15, 2009 @ 07:23 PM
BradWeber
Total Posts:  14986
Joined  07-26-2002

Insertion effects are per voice effects and as such they are programmed specifically for each voice. You specify the insertion effects for a voice either by editing and storing that voice in Voice Edit mode or by editing a “mixing voice” (a voice which is specific to a song or pattern mix).

Depending on which Motif Class synthesizer instrument you have, you have either 1, 4, or 8 dual insertion effect processors available (the Motif classic has 1, the Motif ES and MO6/8 has 4 and the Motif XS has 8 insertion effects processors). The insertion switch parameter(s) is used to specify which parts will have their insertion effects enabled.

If you need further assistance with this issue, let us know. Also, be sure to specify which instrument you have as the help we provide, will depend on which instrument you have.

Regards,

Brad Weber

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 17, 2009 @ 12:02 AM
daryl
Total Posts:  35
Joined  07-19-2004

Yes I have a motif es 6, like I said I’m trying to add inertion effects into a mix voice and I’m not quite sure how to do that . I can see from mix mode where the chorus and reverb effects are but I can’t seem to pull up the insertion effects for any of the parts.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 18, 2009 @ 06:45 AM
PeterG
Total Posts:  2052
Joined  01-30-2004

Are you perhaps looking at Element Edit when you need to be in Common Edit?  In the Mix screen press [F5] VCE ED, then select Common Edit. Now you can see the Insertion Effect page.

Peter

[ Ignore ]  

Next Topic:

MIDI Files and Licensing question ››