mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "4-FREE Drum Kits for Yamaha XS"

Page 1 of 2
Posted on: February 15, 2009 @ 05:55 PM
ZombieRaider
Total Posts:  291
Joined  04-03-2006

ZR

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 16, 2009 @ 01:27 AM
mobetta518
Total Posts:  9
Joined  02-15-2009

These are hot, dude, thanks Can u PM me I need to ask a few questions if u don’t mind.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 16, 2009 @ 12:31 PM
ZombieRaider
Joined  04-03-2006

mobetta518...Welcome to the ALL NEW Motifator site!...Sorry but “PM me” usually has questions pertaining to “can you get me pirated stuff” so let’s not go down that road...If I’m wrong then I’m truely sorry....As far as questions to be answered....There are a great group of MotiGenius’s es? here that is far more knowledgable than I that could answer anything you may be wondering...Again, Welcome to the site!

Synthgeek, If you get this bank, You’ll see what I mean about the release going away when trying to put a kit into a pattern....As I said earlier, I can just turn the release knob in pattern mode to get it back but it’s a little annoying....I know the developers have this done already somehow because I don’t have to turn the release knob everytime I put a sound into a pattern....I tried to go through what you described in the other thread but I couldn’t remember what page you were going to by the time a got from the PC to the XS...I have the XS sitting beside the PC now so maybe I’ll try to figure out what page you were on....Thanks!

I hope everyone is enjoying the Kore Free Drums....36 downloads so far!....ZR

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 16, 2009 @ 01:05 PM
mobetta518
Joined  02-15-2009

Huh? I was just asking to see if you did any custom drum/sound kits like this for musicians/producers, that’s it , man I was just trying to throw some work your way. I don’t have the time to create and sample my own and wanted to hire someone. Anyone here that can, let me know.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 16, 2009 @ 01:29 PM
ZombieRaider
Joined  04-03-2006

mobetta518....As stated earlier, I’m truely sorry for the misunderstanding and hope you didn’t take it personal...I’m just starting to learn the sampling side of the XS and I’ve never created my own sounds so I’m not experienced enough to take work for hire....I’ve got a ton of kits I want to sample from my commercial libraries but obviously that will be for my own use....Good Luck finding someone to make some customized kits and I hope you can put those KORE kits to good use.....Thanks for the compliments

Synthgeek, I just read the other thread from Bad Mister about creating Drum User Banks....It shed some light on this....Thanks....ZR

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 16, 2009 @ 02:08 PM
Synthgeek
Total Posts:  668
Joined  11-18-2003

Thanks for the kits Zombie.  I have not had a chance to try them yet.

To get to the param with voice you have to press
Pattern
Mixing
Edit
Then select the part with the top part buttons that the voice is on. 
Make sure it is on the F1 voice voice page.  Just turn it on for each part.  With this on the release settings from voice mode will load when you select a voice. 
Not sure but you may have to increment the voice number forward and back if the kit is already loaded for it to take effect.

I was going to make a Hip Hop drum kit library but it’s kind of a pain on the current OS.  Maybe in the future.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 16, 2009 @ 02:39 PM
ZombieRaider
Joined  04-03-2006

Synthgeek, I would definitely try those electronic kits for Hip Hop type sounds....For some reason those samples have more bottom end punch and just spacially bigger than what’s available in the XS...I don’t know why that is but I noticed that to be pretty much true on any brand synth/sampler with samples loaded versus the rom....I don’t know if it’s because the wavs in samples are bigger in bytes information therefore have more definition or what....I’m sure someone smarter than me would have the answer....Thanks for the clarification on mix mode....I’ll try that out....ZR

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 16, 2009 @ 02:41 PM
Synthgeek
Joined  11-18-2003

Yes, The Rom samples use compression.  I get the same effect on my kits.  Much better sounding than stock.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 16, 2009 @ 03:25 PM
ZombieRaider
Joined  04-03-2006

BTW....I agree about the sampler being a PITA!...It killed most of my day yesterday just making those 4 kits....I’d say the biggest time killer was going back in to fix the wav where the sample started....I don’t know why this step has to even be there.... When I sampled kits in my MV-8800,It captured and played back even the small hi hat ticks just fine and I didn’t have to go back in and re-adjust every note where it started on playback...In fact I didn’t have to start and stop on each sample when doing a kit either...It automatically incremented to the next note as I played through the hits...Very quick and easy!....It cut the work of probably 4 hours down to about 30 minutes!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 16, 2009 @ 03:34 PM
mobetta518
Joined  02-15-2009

No harm done, Zombie, I just really like how u sampled those KORE sounds into Motif format. I have already made a nice R&B;track with them, and you are 100% right they just sound so much fuller and crispier than the stock stuff. I haven’t used my XS for weeks because of this and went to the M3 for awhile, but these samples added new life to the board, it makes the overall track hit alot harder, and in a strange way, even make the instrument patches sound better in the mix(don’t know why) Good job man, I think u might be better at this than u give yourself credit for. Hopefully these upcoming soundbanks and Ensoniq/Emu libraries will bring even more life to the XS!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 17, 2009 @ 02:43 AM
Synthgeek
Joined  11-18-2003

Just listened to the kits and they are really nice!  thanks again.  Did you sample with XS analog in or digital?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 17, 2009 @ 07:56 PM
ZombieRaider
Joined  04-03-2006

mobetta518....You should post your track in mo songs....I’d love to hear how you utilized these kits!....I wish I could afford an M3 to compliment the XS...Even just the module would be great...Karma, the drum track thing and preprogrammed chords would be what I’d like to explore on it…

Synthgeek...I just used the analog input on the XS and the pc soundcard was just a cheap E-MU 0404 USB...There really wasn’t anything on my end that added anything great...It’s really just the great sound design team at NI…

Thanks for the compliments guys...60 downloads so far!....ZR

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 25, 2011 @ 04:13 PM
jules1204
Total Posts:  28
Joined  06-20-2011

As far s the release of drum sounds is concerned, I believe you have to set receive key-off in voice edit mode to off. This way, drum sounds don’t need to be held throughout their duration and the release parameter is irrelevant.
Hope that helps?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 26, 2011 @ 09:12 AM
robbie50
Total Posts:  283
Joined  09-14-2007

WHERE??? can I download these kits?

robbie

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 26, 2011 @ 12:13 PM
edrave
Total Posts:  125
Joined  04-22-2008

This post is old..Are these sounds still available? Where can I find?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 26, 2011 @ 03:17 PM
ddavilyx
Total Posts:  130
Joined  05-30-2011

ZombieRaider, where are the 4 drums?

[ Ignore ]  

Page 1 of 2

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Metronome button on the XS
Next Topic:

Separate MIDI channels in performance mode? ››