mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "How to use the Assignable Outputs on the XS8?"

Posted on: February 14, 2009 @ 12:48 PM
Refresh
Total Posts:  25
Joined  05-25-2008

Hey everyone.

I can’t seem to figure out how to assign a sound to 1 of the assignable outputs in the XS8. Can anybody tell me how to assign a sound/instrument to the assingable outputs, in song mode.

Thank you very much! :)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 14, 2009 @ 01:29 PM
motif8mine
Total Posts:  1743
Joined  10-22-2004

Check out page 211 of the manual…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 14, 2009 @ 02:17 PM
Refresh
Joined  05-25-2008

motif8mine: I don’t see it on page 211 in the manual like you said. Can you explain it to me?

Thank you :)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 14, 2009 @ 02:24 PM
Yamaha_US
Total Posts:  2540
Joined  07-19-2002

Press Mix
Press Edit
Press a 1-16 button to select the track that you want to assign to the assignable output.

Press F1 Voice , then SF2 Output.

On that page you will see the Output Select parameter which let’s you select the Output for each track in a Mix individually.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 14, 2009 @ 03:16 PM
Refresh
Joined  05-25-2008

I got it! thanks a million!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 14, 2009 @ 05:14 PM
motif8mine
Total Posts:  1743
Joined  10-22-2004
Refresh - 14 February 2009 02:17 PM

motif8mine: I don’t see it on page 211 in the manual like you said. Can you explain it to me?

Thank you :)

You’re absolutely right! I still have my old Motif Classic PDF manual and opened it by mistake… It was actually on pages 234 and 235 of the XS Manual… I wasn’t at my keyboard when I replied...
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 28, 2009 @ 04:55 PM
Refresh
Joined  05-25-2008
Yamaha_US - 14 February 2009 02:24 PM

Press Mix
Press Edit
Press a 1-16 button to select the track that you want to assign to the assignable output.

Press F1 Voice , then SF2 Output.

On that page you will see the Output Select parameter which let’s you select the Output for each track in a Mix individually.

I got it working in Pattern Mode but when I change the outputs from L&R;to asL&R;in Song Mode it doesn’t send the audio to the Assignable outputs but just the Main L&R;again. What am I doing wrong?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 28, 2009 @ 05:02 PM
Dreamflight
Total Posts:  2688
Joined  03-07-2008

You need to select the tracks with the [1] - [16] buttons. Do it for all of them and you’ll notice the main mix steadily gets less and less on it until you have moved them all across to assignable outputs.

You should probably use [STORE] after adjusting the output assignments as well, to remember that setting.

Bear in mind that tracks/parts sent to the assignable outputs only get insert FX applied to them, not system FX.

Df.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 28, 2009 @ 06:33 PM
Refresh
Joined  05-25-2008
Dreamflight - 28 August 2009 05:02 PM

You need to select the tracks with the [1] - [16] buttons. Do it for all of them and you’ll notice the main mix steadily gets less and less on it until you have moved them all across to assignable outputs.

You should probably use [STORE] after adjusting the output assignments as well, to remember that setting.

Bear in mind that tracks/parts sent to the assignable outputs only get insert FX applied to them, not system FX.

Df.

Hi Dreamfight,

Thank you for your anwser but I don’t understand correctly. Your saying I need to put every track in Song Mode on asL&R;? I tried it out but then I just don’t have any sound at all. In Pattern Mode I can just switch the one track I want through the assingable outs to asL7R and it works but not in Song Mode.

Looking forward to your help :)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 29, 2009 @ 09:30 AM
Refresh
Joined  05-25-2008

Anyone?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 29, 2009 @ 12:28 PM
Dreamflight
Total Posts:  2688
Joined  03-07-2008

I thought you wanted to shift the entire mix across to the assignable outputs for some reason, but in any case it should work just fine in Song mode - I just tested it on my XS and it works as expected.

[Song]
[MIXING]
[Edit]
[1] - [16] to select track
[SF2] - Output
Change the output select setting.

It works for individual tracks just fine here and takes instant effect. Maybe the track you are selecting and routing to the assignable output isn’t the one you are hearing. Try moving them all across to the assignable outputs. You should then hear nothing on the main L&R;output, which will confirm if you’re inadvertently selecting the wrong track for routing to the assignable outputs.

Df.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 29, 2009 @ 04:26 PM
Refresh
Joined  05-25-2008

I got it to work, thank you very much for your help and time!

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ finally can log in with Safari!
Next Topic:

New motifator :) ››