mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "USB Drivers for 64-BIT Vista?"

Posted on: February 14, 2009 @ 05:44 AM
CyrixLord
Total Posts:  2
Joined  09-16-2003

Hi, I’ve cranked up my MotifES and got some new gear and my 64 bit Vista does not recognize my synth :(

Can anyone direct me to where I might be able to score a 64 bit USB driver for Vista for my Motif ES8?

thanks in advance!

Cyrix

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 14, 2009 @ 06:35 AM
CyrixLord
Total Posts:  2
Joined  09-16-2003

Well I found the driver, but it was incredibly difficult to install :) there are only .inf files, and no driver install utility, and the .inf files didnt corespond at all to things liek motifes8.inf so I couldnt install the driver through the computer management console in Vista.  I had to reboot the machine, then manually copy the .sys files to the right locations, then hack the motifes8.inf file i had, and only then direct the device manager to point to the location where the new driver was.  It then recognized that I was trying to install a new driver and did so quite promptly.

the drivers i found were at
http://www.yamahaproaudio.com/downloads/firm_soft/index.html

I guess if it were easy we’d all be getting minimum wage :)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 14, 2009 @ 08:47 AM
admin
Total Posts:  9578
Joined  12-09-2008

Will make a note to add this to downloads and software updates.

To see what’s available for download for your instruments be sure to update your profiles.

All downloadable content we add will also be accessible by clicking the drop-down tab for your instrument in support and selecting “downloads”.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 15, 2009 @ 01:50 PM
Yamaha_US
Total Posts:  2540
Joined  07-19-2002

The correct link for Vista USB drivers is

http://www.yamahasynth.com/download/win_vista/index.html

Let’s make sure we get the driver from there.  It actually looked like the one on the Pro Audio site was one version behind.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 30, 2009 @ 02:22 PM
mbunkerusa
Total Posts:  71
Joined  02-03-2006

My Vista 64 was updated to service pack 3.  I can install the Yamaha USB MIDI driver, but it ends up with an error condition “This device cannot start. (Code 10)” and cannot be used.  From the discussion above, it seems there may be either a problem with the driver package, or Vista SP3 just invalidated the driver.

Vista SP3 has also stopped the Help functions of many software programs from starting, without giving an error message.  Click on a help topic and the cursor may blink, but Help doesn’t start.  Microsoft products help functions still work though.

Has anyone been able to install the Yamaha USB-MIDI driver on Windows Vista 64 SP3?  (I hate Vista!)

[ Ignore ]  

Next Topic:

How to merge multiple voice data files..? ››