mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Cubase quits when Insert Effects Selected in MOTIF VST Editor"

Posted on: February 17, 2024 @ 02:43 AM
synthmax
Total Posts:  56
Joined  05-13-2012

I am using a MOTIF XF8 with Cubase 13 and the MOTIF VST Editor on an Intel-based MacBook running Sonoma. I recently noticed now that every time I go to select an insert effect on a channel in the MOTIF VST editor, Cubase crashes/quits immediately. Cubase 13 isn’t the problem, as the same thing happens with Cubase 11 & 12 too. I have tried reinstalling the Yamaha and Steinberg drivers, reinstalling the MOTIF VST Editor, but the issue persists. I am thinking that the problem could be my installation of Sonoma and doing a clean install of MacOS.

Has anybody else experienced this problem and managed to put a fix in? Can anybody suggest any other troubleshooting steps?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 18, 2024 @ 08:45 PM
synthmax
Joined  05-13-2012

Just in case anybody running MacOS has similar issues.

I’ve made a boot disk on an external drive with MacOS Ventura and when I need to use Cubase and the MOTIF XF Editor VST Plug-In, I just boot off that and everything works as expected. :)

I would say that my issue is either caused by Sonoma not being compatible with the MOTIF XF Editor VST Plug-In or something that loads with Sonoma when I boot from my internal drive.

Hope this is of help to other MOTIF XF/Cubase/MOTIF XF Editor VST Plug-In users.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 08, 2024 @ 01:32 PM
RobinVT
Total Posts:  210
Joined  01-16-2012

I am running Sonoma 14.4.1 and Cubase AI/LE 10.5 and all is fine.  I just updated to the New Sonoma last week and have been playing around with Cubase, inserts, etc. and so far have not had any problems

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 10, 2024 @ 05:36 PM
synthmax
Joined  05-13-2012

Thanks for your reply. Just to confirm: are you using a MOTIF XF8 and the MOTIF XF VST Editor?

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Spam
Next Topic:

Vintage keys PDF ››