mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "One audio output dead on my MOX6"

Posted on: August 23, 2017 @ 06:35 AM
Aulis
Total Posts:  27
Joined  01-28-2011

One audio output has died on my MOX6 during 2-3 weeks in the gigbag.  If I connect only “L/mono”, the audio is OK, but the “R” gives just a crackling sound at max volume. In a stereo connection only one channel works. The same is for the headphone output Left side is OK but Right is crackling.

Is there any known issues with MOX6 causing this fault?

Best regards
Aulis G

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 23, 2017 @ 08:56 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

Check for connector problems from the JK (jack) board to the PNA (panel A) board where the Master Volume control is. Also check connections from the JK board to the DM (digital main) board. Otherwise, there are several component failures that could cause problems.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 30, 2017 @ 06:25 AM
Aulis
Total Posts:  27
Joined  01-28-2011

Thanks for the hint.
Yes, the fault was probably caused by a voltage drop in pins in one of the connectors on the I/O board. I disconnected all connectors I could find inside the chassis and gave them a tiny spray of CRC electronic cleaner before I blow them dry with compressed air.
Now the MOX is back on (both) tracks again :-D

Best regards
Aulis G

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 13, 2023 @ 04:34 AM
dchicks
Total Posts:  1
Joined  07-08-2014

Holy smokes!  That sounds like a pretty involved solution, but it’s the only thing I’ve found, so far, that seems to BE a solution.  Ugh!  I have a similar problem with the right output channel, but I do still hear signal through the crackling.  Tried everything short of taking the keyboard apart to date.  I guess that’s the next step.  That’s definitely not what I was hoping to find, but if that’s what it takes.  Thanks to you both for the information.  Hoping it solves my issue, as well.

Regards,
Dave

[ Ignore ]