mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Why do the pianos sound so different on the ES8 compared to the ES7?"

Posted on: December 11, 2022 @ 02:56 PM
b_sides55
Total Posts:  4
Joined  12-05-2009

I own both the es8 and the es7. Im very pleased with the piano sounds on the es8, but the piano sounds on the es7 are wimpy, weak and lifeless in comparison.
I’ve copied all of the files on the es8 to the es7. I assumed (incorrectly, apparently) that the sounds would be identical. I love the pianos on the es8, but don’t enjoy playing the es7, because the pianos are so bad.
Any help would be much appreciated.
I’ve read forum posts that mention the S700 pianos that might be available on a disc from Yamaha, but I’m really not looking for additional piano sounds; I just want the same sounds on both keyboards.
Since they have the same computer/brain/engine shouldn’t they sound the same?
Could it be that the keyboards have different operating systems? I bought the es8 new in 2005 and the es7 used in 2010. I have never updated the OS on either keyboard.
Speaking of OS, what is the procedure for determining the OS in each of the two keyboards?
Thanks in advance for help and input.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 13, 2022 @ 04:18 PM
prokeysman
Total Posts:  101
Joined  02-05-2007

That’s totally normal and nothing is broken or needs any repair. There’s no firmware to fix this. You are experiencing weighted versus non weighted keys. The way the tone generator reacts to that is not the same. So it will sound better on the ES8 versus the 7. I have encountered this many times. Don’t waste your time or money taking this anywhere to “fix” what isn’t broken. And if you midi the 8 to the 7 that’s going to show you it’s the weighted keys that are making the difference.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Arp that repeats a chord
Next Topic:

How To Load Multiple Sound Expansion Packs??? ››