mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Use the assignable buttons for sustain?"

Posted on: June 29, 2022 @ 02:11 AM
eisenfarn
Total Posts:  48
Joined  01-24-2011

Hi guys, I play sax and keyboards in a band, sometimes I use a sustain pedal to hold a chord while I play a section on the sax, this works pretty good with the pedal, but is it possible on any particular voice, to use an assignable button rather than the pedal for sustain?, or at least be able to lock the sustain on using the pedal? - one press on, one press off?

I like to move around when playing the sax, would be nice not to be anchored to the pedal in some cases :)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 29, 2022 @ 03:53 AM
- Henry -
Total Posts:  163
Joined  10-30-2011
eisenfarn - 29 June 2022 02:11 AM

… or at least be able to lock the sustain on using the pedal?

A momentary or “unlatched” footswich closes the circuit only for as long as it is being pressed, and is the type normally used with the sustain function on keyboards. A “latched” swich, on the other hand, stays on until pressed again, and is typically used for switching channels on guitar amps. One option would therefore be to connect a latched footswich to your keyboard instead of an unlatched one.

Some popular footswitches come in both varieties (e.g. the Boss FS-5L/FS-5U), but there are also pedals that allow you to change the latched/unlatched behaviour (such as the Boss FS-6).

Hope this helps!

- H -

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 03, 2022 @ 11:43 AM
RobinVT
Total Posts:  210
Joined  01-16-2012

Check the motifxf_en_rm_a0_xf7 REF MANUAL page 31. I believe you can use a midi control change(CC) with an assignable foot switch for the sustain hold.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ User Drum Voices for XF8
Next Topic:

Flashboard expansion question ››