mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "automatic shutdown down"

Page 2 of 2
Posted on: February 19, 2015 @ 06:11 PM
DschoKeys
Total Posts:  109
Joined  07-08-2005
5pinDIN - 19 February 2015 05:22 PM

I’m not assuming anything - I’d rather call it “conjecture”

Sorry, as a non-native speaker I still don’t get the difference between assume and conjecture...no harm was meant!  :D

It’s not like we’re asking for trade secrets to be divulged in violation of an NDA.

The mysterious Motif XF secret which hasn’t been revealed for years… :O

All the best, :)

Jo

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 19, 2015 @ 07:34 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
DschoKeys - 19 February 2015 06:11 PM

I’m not assuming anything - I’d rather call it “conjecture”

Sorry, as a non-native speaker I still don’t get the difference between assume and conjecture...no harm was meant!  :D

No worries - I wasn’t harmed, nor even offended. I just wanted to clarify that I didn’t take something which is unsure as necessarily being true.

If you’re interested, see this:
http://english.stackexchange.com/questions/181509/what-is-the-difference-between-assumption-and-conjecture

By the way, I’m certain that my abilities in German are far less than yours in English - I wouldn’t dare post on musiker-board. :)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 23, 2015 @ 09:06 PM
DschoKeys
Total Posts:  109
Joined  07-08-2005
5pinDIN - 19 February 2015 07:34 PM

If you’re interested, see this:
http://english.stackexchange.com/questions/181509/what-is-the-difference-between-assumption-and-conjecture

Thank you for the link, 5pinDIN! Now I got the difference…

By the way, I’m certain that my abilities in German are far less than yours in English - I wouldn’t dare post on musiker-board. :)

Thanks! I would be pleased to read you at the Musiker-Board! :)

BTW: Bad Mister gave a reply on yamahasynth.com: Link

Best regards, :)
Jo

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 23, 2015 @ 11:10 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
DschoKeys - 23 February 2015 09:06 PM

Thanks! I would be pleased to read you at the Musiker-Board! :)

Since I wouldn’t want to embarrass myself…
Also, es tut mir leid, aber nein, danke.  :)

I had a neighbor who was a native speaker of German, and when he heard my efforts at speaking it, said “Deutsche Sprache, schwere Sprache”. I understood the irony in that saying.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 03, 2020 @ 07:30 AM
rudolph
Total Posts:  8
Joined  04-06-2014

Hi all,
is this problem finally clear?

I’ve got a Motif XF7 and the auto power off is quite annoying.

Thank you in advance, all the best.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 03, 2020 @ 12:44 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
rudolph - 03 February 2020 07:30 AM

[...]
[...]

Your member profile doesn’t indicate your location. Is your XF a European model? If so, have you tried holding down the lowest key for a sufficient time while powering the XF on?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 06, 2020 @ 04:10 AM
Felainum1977
Total Posts:  2
Joined  01-30-2020
rudolph - 03 February 2020 07:30 AM

Hi all,
is this problem finally clear?

Thank you in advance, all the best.

I was searching for a solution for the same issue and landed on this thread. Did you find some working method?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 18, 2022 @ 06:14 AM
Sxseries
Total Posts:  1
Joined  06-18-2022
DavePolich - 15 February 2015 08:43 PM

There is no truth at all to any claim that the XF has an auto shutdown feature. This German post must refer to the MO X or MO XF. Although, I’m not aware of being able to enable/disable auto shutdown by pressing “the lowest key” on the MO X or MO XF keyboard. For one thing, the lowest key is different on an 88-key model than it is on a 61-key model. The operating system isn’t model-specific, so how would it “know” what the lowest key actually is?

File this under rumor started on the internet. Don’t believe everything you read on the internet.

Here’s what I think is actually the case. Yes, the MO XF has an “auto shutdown” feature enabled by default. After 30 minutes of non-use, it will power down (which is really annoying but it is a required “energy-saving feature” for newer electronic appliances).
The user can disable it in Utility. I think that’s what the guy originally referred to, and somehow the story morphed into “you can disable it by pressing the lowest key while powering up”. Maybe he was pressing a key at the same time he was disabling auto-power off on the Utility screen.

I totally guarantee that at least on my motif xf7 white, there is auto power off. I had same issue with board going off after a while till i tried the power on while holding lowest key, turned it off with a screen message. I was quite shocked. I have both black and white xf series but it seems to be only on the white so far

[ Ignore ]  

Page 2 of 2

Previous Topic:

‹‹ MIDI send/receive issue
Next Topic:

Importing a WAV file into the XF ››