mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "How can I save Motif data so that it can be loaded into XF, XS, or ES models?"

Posted on: April 25, 2022 @ 10:02 AM
t4techno_
Total Posts:  1
Joined  04-25-2022

I’m a touring musician that constantly sees different models of Motifs through local backline companies all over the world. I’ve had trouble loading my ES data files into XS or XF models, and trouble loading XF data files into an XS.

Please advise me on how best to handle this situation so my data files can be read by whichever Motif model I encounter day to day.

Thanks,
Thom

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 25, 2022 @ 11:37 PM
jimbowal
Total Posts:  94
Joined  06-13-2014

I’m not a touring muso who uses backline companies for keyboard hire, but in this day and age I’d suspect that most would have a Motif XF.
You can’t load newer format files into an older/earlier model keyboard. Backward compatibility only applies to the newer model - ie XS format into a XF, not XF format into a XS. Similarly you can’t load Montage format into a Motif XF!!
Also be aware that ES only had 4 elements while newer models had 8 elements and perhaps also different waveforms.
Regards.

[ Ignore ]