mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "MOTIF XF8 - List of Patches used in each Factory Performance"

Posted on: February 27, 2022 @ 03:58 AM
synthmax
Total Posts:  56
Joined  05-13-2012

Hello everyone,

I am planning to put together my own set of performances for improvisational and songwriting purposes. I will of course be using the XF’s Factory Performances as a starting point. I note that many of the patches used in the Factory Performances are Factory USR patches. My concern here is I could inadvertently change or overwrite a USR Voice that I may want to use in a Performance in the future.

I have looked at the Performance section of the MOTIF XF8 data list, but this only lists the Factory USR Performances, not the the USR Voices used in each USR Performance.

Does anybody have a list or know where I could download a list of all the Voices used in each Factory USR performance on the MOTIF XF?  I have searched for such a list online to no avail.

Can anybody out there help? I would be willing to pay a reasonable price for such a list.

Best,
Grant

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 01, 2022 @ 02:03 AM
richie1027
Total Posts:  686
Joined  10-14-2008
synthmax - 27 February 2022 03:58 AM

Hello everyone,

I am planning to put together my own set of performances for improvisational and songwriting purposes. I will of course be using the XF’s Factory Performances as a starting point. I note that many of the patches used in the Factory Performances are Factory USR patches. My concern here is I could inadvertently change or overwrite a USR Voice that I may want to use in a Performance in the future.

I have looked at the Performance section of the MOTIF XF8 data list, but this only lists the Factory USR Performances, not the the USR Voices used in each USR Performance.

Does anybody have a list or know where I could download a list of all the Voices used in each Factory USR performance on the MOTIF XF?  I have searched for such a list online to no avail.

Can anybody out there help? I would be willing to pay a reasonable price for such a list.

Best,
Grant

Hello Grant
The motif performances use preset voices. The user banks are just that….User banks for toy to save modified performances using preset OR user voices, to one of the 4 banks.  Many people will create a master original factory file that has all your voice and performances.  I don’t have the reference manual but you can find the simple instructions to reset the XFto it’s original state when you bought it new.

You can download an XF Data Lost manual from this site I believe by clicking on the XF tab on the main page and scroll down to manuals.  It’s also in the yamaha site at https://usa.yamaha.com/files/download/other_assets/3/325083/motifxf_en_dl_c0.pdf#page117.

Another great way to organize your performances is using the Melas Tools. There are several editors, but the total librarian app allow you to import all 4 performance naps and organize them in any fashion yiu like.  If you prefer Rocky or Jazz, you could sort each bank by genre for easy access, or alphabetically.  Just so I’m clear, the performances are all user based meaning you can change whatever you want and overwrite them.  I’m thinking there may be a way to use the melas app(s) to list the voices used in each performance. 
I hope I’m answering correctly since I haven’t used Joh Melas tools in a while and I’m too busy messing around with my MODX. 
If your somewhat new to the XF, consider the movies available in the store.  xF Fully loaded is great for understanding the flash drive, waveforms, backup up, etc.  the other DVD movies state XS on cover but apply to the XF just the same.

Good luck

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 09, 2022 @ 01:10 AM
synthmax
Total Posts:  56
Joined  05-13-2012

Hi there Richie,

Thank you for taking the time to reply to my post.

Your suggestion of using Melas Tools to organise my performance patches was helpful. I was aware of Joh Melas tools for the XF, but hadn’t taken the time to have a close look at them as up until now I was using my MOTIF with the MOTIF XF VST Editor in Cubase. I had completely forgotten about Joh Melas tools.

Having had a closer look and tried the demos, I have decided to go ahead and purchase all the Joh Melas tools for my XF as I think they will be extremely useful in editing and storing performances using my Mac.

Thank you once again Richie. All the best with your endeavours. :)

Best,
Grant

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 09, 2022 @ 11:09 AM
richie1027
Total Posts:  686
Joined  10-14-2008

Hi Grant
That’s fantastic news.  Thank you so much for letting me know.  I’m certain you’ll be very happy with your decision.  Another bonus is that John Melas is a very gracious man who responds to all queries. 
I once had conceptual difficulties how to combine my favorite sounds from a dozen libraries and to understand how to get the corresponding waveforms associated with different libraries also imported.  He sent me clear concise instructions.  If I can ever be of help, feel free to private message me.  Be happy to share whatever I can.

Enjoy and create some great music Grant.

Rich

[ Ignore ]