mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "S90es piano sounds?"

Posted on: February 27, 2022 @ 01:39 PM
darkstar_outcast
Total Posts:  250
Joined  02-20-2008

Hello
Is there a way to load s90es piano sound into motif es8? Is there a library or something commercially available ? What is best piano that I can get on motif es 8? Thanks !

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 01, 2022 @ 11:55 AM
BeeRad
Total Posts:  123
Joined  10-17-2006

Forgive me if I am wrong (previously owned 2 s90es, currently have motif xs6, xf8, and 2 moxf 8s) (crap, sounds like I am bragging) but i was under the impression that the motif es already had the same pianos as the s90es.  I have had to add these sounds to my xs (volatile ram) and both my xf and moxf8 by adding the waveforms (free downloads) to the optional flash memory boards (not free for sure).

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 07, 2022 @ 10:24 PM
darkstar_outcast
Total Posts:  250
Joined  02-20-2008

Hey , I think its not, as far as I remember. I have xs6, too !

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 08, 2022 @ 11:39 AM
- Henry -
Total Posts:  164
Joined  10-30-2011

Hi,

Although the S90 ES and Motif ES internal sample ROMs are virtually identical (the S90 ES being based on the Motif ES series, although introduced nearly a year-and-a-half later), the S90 ES actually does have an extra set of piano samples, that aren’t included on the Motif ES. These are velocity-layered stereo samples of the hand-built S700 grand piano, used in some of the S90 ES factory presets.

I believe, however, that the same S700 samples can be found on the “Sound Library” CD-ROM, that originally shipped with the Motif ES. As long as your Motif ES has sample RAM installed, you should be able to load the needed files from a compatible USB flash drive.

Phil/Bad_Mister shared the contents of this CD-ROM over here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/qdu5junoxk6m8sj/MotifEScdrom.zip?dl=0

- H -

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 08, 2022 @ 08:14 PM
BeeRad
Total Posts:  123
Joined  10-17-2006

Exactly what I was trying to say.  Folks that moved to the XS series (and then the XF and MOXF) were seriously upset that the fantastic waveforms for the ES (ok I had the S90ES not the Motif ES) were NOT in the new Motifs.  Yamaha had to provide the waveforms (labeled S700) for use in the XS (with volatile ram expansion memory purchased and installed) and then the XF and MOXF with the sample flash boards (optional/expensive) installed.  I loved the ES grands so much I still use them!

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Motif es 8 wooden sides
Next Topic:

Motif ES6 will not boot-Stuck at Logo ››