mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "How much of the Motif Classic was left in the Motif ES?"

Posted on: November 02, 2021 @ 08:00 AM
Xeraser
Total Posts:  38
Joined  01-28-2021

Here’s the thing: I need a Motif Classic specifically (no other will do) for a personal project but then I wouldn’t really use it after that (even though I’d love to collect Motifs)

I found a Rack ES plus the PLG150-VL card for the same price as the cheapest Motif 6 I can find and my plan is to buy it, sell the card then use the cash for the Motif 6 but whether the card will actually sell or not (how much do they go for? Boxed or not) is a big, big IF.

WITH THAT SAID:
How much Motif Classic is actually left in the ES? Did they leave all the old samples in or did they have to cut/resample (like it happened with the ES > XS/XF transition) some? Because if the ES can also carry out double-duty as a Classic I wouldn’t need to worry about getting an actual Classic. But the samples NEED to be the same as the Classic’s.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 02, 2021 @ 09:14 PM
lastmonk
Total Posts:  364
Joined  12-17-2013
Xeraser - 02 November 2021 08:00 AM

Here’s the thing: I need a Motif Classic specifically (no other will do) for a personal project but then I wouldn’t really use it after that (even though I’d love to collect Motifs)

I found a Rack ES plus the PLG150-VL card for the same price as the cheapest Motif 6 I can find and my plan is to buy it, sell the card then use the cash for the Motif 6 but whether the card will actually sell or not (how much do they go for? Boxed or not) is a big, big IF.

WITH THAT SAID:
How much Motif Classic is actually left in the ES? Did they leave all the old samples in or did they have to cut/resample (like it happened with the ES > XS/XF transition) some? Because if the ES can also carry out double-duty as a Classic I wouldn’t need to worry about getting an actual Classic. But the samples NEED to be the same as the Classic’s.

I have a Yamaha MM8, the rumor from Yamaha is that the MM8 samples are based on the orig Motif.  I dunno how to interpret the phrase ‘based on’ but you might give that a look.

https://usa.yamaha.com/products/music_production/synthesizers/mm_series/features.html#product-tabs

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 02, 2021 @ 09:15 PM
lastmonk
Total Posts:  364
Joined  12-17-2013

I have a Yamaha MM8, the rumor from Yamaha is that the MM8 samples are based on the orig Motif.  I dunno how to interpret the phrase ‘based on’ but you might give that a look.

https://usa.yamaha.com/products/music_production/synthesizers/mm_series/features.html#product-tabs

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 02, 2021 @ 09:24 PM
Xeraser
Total Posts:  38
Joined  01-28-2021
lastmonk - 02 November 2021 09:14 PM

Hi, thanks for replying. If I’m not mistaken the MM being “based on” the Motif Classic means that it had quite a few drum kits cut out entirely. That won’t do unfortunately and I don’t really plan on collecting the Motifs’ little brothers. Although both the MM6 and MX49/61 might just do for when I need to take long trips and still want to have a Motif of sorts with me.

[ Ignore ]