mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Power Grand and S700 sounds for the ES"

Posted on: March 16, 2021 @ 06:11 PM
amckain12@yahoo.com
Total Posts:  8
Joined  03-16-2021

I recently added DIMM memory to my ES and got a 2GB flash drive for it. I got the sounds that come on the CD that comes with the ES (somebody posted the Dropbox link here). I go to load and load the ‘Players’ file that has all the pianos. They load on the board but when I go to play them, they all make this weird sound that sounds like a dry synth bass. Does anyone know why they won’t work? I copied the W7V and W8V files but only the W7V show up when I go to ‘Load’

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 16, 2021 @ 07:27 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

Welcome to the forum.

I’ve been able to load the PLAYERS files to both my XS and XF, so that itself shouldn’t be a problem with your ES.

There are a few possible causes of what you’re experiencing.
Let’s start with the simple first…
The ES won’t display the W8V file, only the W7V which should be 516.1KB. On your computer, verify that PLAYERS.W8V file is about 31.1MB. If the sizes are correct, then the files probably unzipped correctly.

If the files seem OK, then…
You probably did this, but make sure that the W7V and W8V files are in the same directory on the flash drive. If you’re working with a Mac, make sure that the W8V file you put on the flash drive is not one that begins with ”._” characters (it will not be the correct 31.1MB file).

Next check which Waveform a Voice is using…
For the first User Voice, Power Grand, Wave USR 0001 “Piano1 St” would be correct for all four Elements.
For the second User Voice, 3LayerS700, “GndSoftSt”, “GndMedSt”, “GndHardSt”, and “GndSwSt1” would be correct for Elements 1 through 4 respectively.
Verify the above in EDIT mode.

Just in case…
SDRAM (the DIMMs) is volatile memory. That means the data is lost whenever the ES is turned off. Even if the Waveforms load, they have to be reloaded each time the ES is powered up.

If all of that seems OK, then the problem might be due to incompatible DIMMs. Not all DIMMs work in Motifs.

Let us know what you find.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 17, 2021 @ 12:07 AM
amckain12@yahoo.com
Joined  03-16-2021

Thanks a lot!! I checked some of these already but I’m gonna try the other suggestions

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 18, 2021 @ 02:22 AM
amckain12@yahoo.com
Joined  03-16-2021

So I tried to download the files again and put them on the board and I got the same weird sounds. I still only see the W7V versions of the files showing up. I didn’t see where in Edit to find the correct waveforms though? Which tab should I press to find that?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 18, 2021 @ 06:15 AM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010

As I previously posted, “The ES won’t display the W8V file, only the W7V which should be 516.1KB.”

Taking this one step at a time…
What’s the size of the W8V file you put on the flash drive?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 18, 2021 @ 01:17 PM
amckain12@yahoo.com
Joined  03-16-2021

Sorry I thought you were saying that the ES not showing the W8V file was a problem. The W8V file I have is 32.7 mb

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 18, 2021 @ 04:07 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
amckain12@yahoo.com - 18 March 2021 01:17 PM

Sorry I thought you were saying that the ES not showing the W8V file was a problem.

Showing only the W7V is normal operation. The ES “knows” to look for and load the W8V file with the same file name. In this case, when loading PLAYERS.W7V the ES should also load PLAYERS.W8V. That will only work correctly if the W7V and W8V files have exactly the same name (other than the file extension).

amckain12@yahoo.com -

The W8V file I have is 32.7 mb

While I mentioned 31.1MB, it depends on how millions of bytes are counted. It seems we’re talking about the same thing.

To check which Waveforms the Voices are using…
Press [VOICE}
Select USR1:001 Power Grand (or USR1:002 3LayerS700)
Press [EDIT]
Press [1] (Element 1), [2] (Element 2), [3], or [4]
Press [F1] OSC
Press [SF1] WAVE
...and see if the Waveforms shown are the ones I previously posted for the four Elements in each case.

Let us know what you find.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 21, 2021 @ 10:10 PM
amckain12@yahoo.com
Joined  03-16-2021

I checked and everything was correct but it still didn’t work. This is the sound Im getting. Do you think I need to try a different download for those sounds?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 22, 2021 @ 12:00 AM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
amckain12@yahoo.com - 21 March 2021 10:10 PM

I checked and everything was correct but it still didn’t work. This is the sound Im getting. Do you think I need to try a different download for those sounds?

I don’t see any attachment.

If you downloaded the library from the link I provided here…
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/461260/
...then there’s likely nothing wrong with the files. As I previously mentioned, they load and play fine on both my XS and XF.

Here’s something else to check…
Load the PLAYERS files.
Press [INTEGRATED SAMPLING]
Press [EDIT]
Press [F1]KEYBANK
From there you can select Waveforms and KeyBanks and audition them.
Details are on page 255 of the ES Owner’s Manual.

Let us know how things sound there.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 25, 2021 @ 10:07 PM
amckain12@yahoo.com
Joined  03-16-2021

I tried to click Integrated Sampling and everytime I did it when I had it on one of the sounds the keyboard froze and I couldn’t play any sound or switch the screen

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 26, 2021 @ 02:17 AM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
amckain12@yahoo.com - 25 March 2021 10:07 PM

I tried to click Integrated Sampling and everytime I did it when I had it on one of the sounds the keyboard froze and I couldn’t play any sound or switch the screen

As I mentioned previously, the DIMMs you installed might be incompatible. They may even be defective.

The ES has a built-in diagnostic Test mode. To access it…
1) Begin with power to the ES off.
2) Press and hold down the REMOTE [ON/OFF] and [ * ](Record) buttons simultaneously and switch on the power. Continue to hold the two buttons down until “MOTIF ES Test Program” is displayed.
3) Press [ENTER] to start testing - 01:LED,LCD should be displayed.
4) Press [INC/YES] until 23:DIMM is displayed
5) Press [ENTER] - in a while either OK or NG will be displayed. If NG (No Good), stop and get correct DIMMs. If OK, continue.
6) Press [INC/YES] so 24:DIMM(Full) is displayed.
7) Press [ENTER] - This is a complete test of the DIMMs, and will take significant time to complete if everything is correct. The result will again be either OK or NG.
8) Turn off the ES once testing is completed.

Let us know the test results.

Warning: Testing is done at your own risk. For those of you who aren’t experiencing any problems with your ES, do me (and yourself) a favor and don’t enter the Test mode.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 25, 2021 @ 07:54 PM
amckain12@yahoo.com
Joined  03-16-2021

It took me a while to do the test because your warning kinda worried me. But I did it and I got the “no good” message. I ordered my DIMM’s from ebay. Not sure if they got messed up by me touching them or not but where can I get some good DIMM’s from?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 25, 2021 @ 10:03 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
amckain12@yahoo.com - 25 April 2021 07:54 PM

It took me a while to do the test because your warning kinda worried me. But I did it and I got the “no good” message. I ordered my DIMM’s from ebay. Not sure if they got messed up by me touching them or not but where can I get some good DIMM’s from?

First make sure that the ones you have are fully snapped into their sockets. If that’s not the issue, then see page 289 of the ES Owner’s Manual for information about the type of DIMMs required.

I would have suggested getting the memory from Motifator, but I no longer see it listed here. There are some sellers on Amazon who guarantee their product, but I have no experience with them.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 30, 2021 @ 05:50 PM
jtoubeaux
Total Posts:  13
Joined  04-30-2021
5pinDIN - 25 April 2021 10:03 PM
amckain12@yahoo.com - 25 April 2021 07:54 PM

First make sure that the ones you have are fully snapped into their sockets. If that’s not the issue, then see page 289 of the ES Owner’s Manual for information about the type of DIMMs required.

I would have suggested getting the memory from Motifator, but I no longer see it listed here. There are some sellers on Amazon who guarantee their product, but I have no experience with them.

ACP-EP Memory 512MB PC133 168-PIN SDRAM DIMM (MAC and PC)

I just purchased two of these on Amazon for $13.95 each and they worked perfectly with my ES8.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Arpeggio type control with Cubase Artist 9.5
Next Topic:

Sluggish sequencer ››