mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "TEControl Breath Controller 2"

Posted on: March 27, 2021 @ 07:41 PM
Cindy Jon
Total Posts:  16
Joined  10-14-2009

Wondering if anyone has successfully hooked up a TEControl Breath Controller with a Yamaha MOXF8 or any Yamaha keyboard? I’m trying to plug & play (without going thru a computer). I’m using a Kenton Midi USB Host mkll converter and I thought that would work, but so far no luck. There are claims that this will work USB compliant keys (namely Korg), but I can’t get it to work with my Yamaha.  Thanks.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 27, 2021 @ 09:51 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

I’m going to preface my reply by stating that I’ve never tried to use a TEC breath controller or a Kenton USB Host. Having said that…

While the MOXF isn’t USB class-compliant, the Kenton Host allows a class-compliant device to be connected via 5-pin MIDI to the MOXF. Since the TEC USB breath controllers are class-compliant, in theory connecting one to the Kenton device should allow it to work with the MOXF.

The basics…
MIDI-Out of the Kenton should be connected to MIDI-In of the MOXF, and MIDI IN/OUT should be set to “MIDI” via Utility Mode in the MOXF.

As long as an appropriate Voice is selected on the MOXF (or one is edited) and the TEC unit is set to output the correct controller information, I’d expect things to work.

By the way, this is the Motif XF forum. Although the above applies to the XF as well as the MOXF, in general MOXF topics should be posted in its own forum:
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewforum/165/

For the MOXF, Breath Controller Control Number for Voice mode is assigned in Utility mode.
Press [UTILITY] > [F4]CTL ASN > [SF1]ASSIGN
Set “BC” as desired. Default is CC 02.

The Controller Set is assigned independently for each Voice.
Press [VOICE] > [EDIT] > [COMMON] > [F4]CTL SET
Set Source to “BC” and Destination as desired.

See the MOXF Reference Manual for details.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 02, 2021 @ 03:16 AM
reviewbook
Total Posts:  1
Joined  04-02-2021

I very much agree with this sentence.
When your personal life is gone, remember to notify me, it means you are going to be promoted.
I very much agree with this sentence, life and work, we choose to work because of life, and work makes us neglect life. When you want to get promoted, you have to sacrifice more of your private time to work.
voip phone system service provider
A very interesting website

[ Ignore ]