mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "“Playing Along” with Midi Song"

Posted on: February 18, 2021 @ 09:21 AM
j_house
Total Posts:  5
Joined  01-07-2018

Hi All!

I’m so confused!!!

I have an MoXF8. I’d like to play the piano part along with the “rest of the band.” I am unable to figure out how to accomplish this.

I would appreciate it if someone would either provide the method or point me a website/the page in the manual!

Thanks in advance!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 19, 2021 @ 03:11 PM
muscarella
Total Posts:  542
Joined  11-01-2003

Describe in more detail your situation. Do you have a MIDI file loaded as a Song into your MOXF? That is the first step for sure.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 19, 2021 @ 05:42 PM
j_house
Total Posts:  5
Joined  01-07-2018

A midi file is loaded. Right now I am assigning an instrument to an unused track via the mixing console. Is there a better way to do this?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 19, 2021 @ 09:43 PM
muscarella
Total Posts:  542
Joined  11-01-2003

Since you are new to the MOXF please follow along and you will get where you want to go.

The SONG button is lit I presume. Now press the MIXING button. It will light up. Look down at the 16 Part buttons. You SHOULD see EVERY Part—your Part on whatever channel you put that Voice AND all the other Parts that represent the sequenced channels/Voices that make up your Song with it’s button LIT. If a button isn’t lit it should be because you do NOT have any Voice or sequence there or you simply want it to remain Muted when you play the Song. Make sure YOUR Part is LIT. Now....

Press Song button again (Mixing button light will go out.) Look again at those 16 Parts. Is your Part STILL lit? Are the Parts that were lit in Song/Mixing mode still lit? If not, and it’s something you want to hear during Playback, press that button to add it to the selected Parts.

Now press TRACK button and one and ONLY one button will remain lit. Is that YOUR Part? If not, press the button that IS. That button (and only that button) will now be lit. And you are all set to play along with your Song. There are other settings, that you may or will need to set during SONG/MIX mode, Volume for sure, but you’ve selected the Part you want to control from the keyboard while the Song plays.

The relationship between SONG/MIX mode buttons and SONG only mode is sometimes confusing. And if you don’t press buttons in the right order from within the appropriate mode you may end up playing the wrong Voice (cause you’re on the wrong Part) or you may hear nothing at all (because you’re on a blank track).

I think that should get you going.

[ Ignore ]