mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Here is a concern not directly related to music but to motifator safety."

Posted on: January 30, 2021 @ 03:48 AM
Mlg4ever
Total Posts:  877
Joined  07-27-2003

I haven’t logged in the Motifator forums for a while. I came back today because I had a little hurdle while working and I needed help. What better place to go than here at the Motifator. I’m so glad the Motifator is still here and still running. I’m using my phone to access the site. I’ve noticed on top on my browser right before Motifator.com it says “Not secure”.

Should I be concerned that I might run into some security problems eventually? I also noticed before logging in I was prompted to change my password for safety purposes. I didn’t change immediately because I had an urgent question that needed help. Do I need to change my password or is this a warning I can ignore. Please.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 31, 2021 @ 01:21 AM
Mighty Motif Max
Total Posts:  317
Joined  04-30-2016

The “not secure” warning is referencing the fact that this site is not HTTPS secured, it is just using HTTP. That is all. I’m not sure about the password change message - I’ve never gotten it.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 31, 2021 @ 01:35 AM
Mlg4ever
Joined  07-27-2003

Oh, great 👍🏼 thanks, Mighty Motif Max. But do you also see the “Not secure” warning. Just to be sure Mighty Motif Max.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 02, 2021 @ 02:28 AM
frdgb
Total Posts:  23
Joined  05-14-2018

The “not secure” warning, as noted, has nothing to do with the security of your device (computer, phone, etc.).  It has to do with the security of the website, which is not an issue here (I don’t think anyone will mind if someone outside the forum “hacks” it and intercepts and finds our communications.

If there was a security risk to your device and files, more than likely your device’s security software would detect a threat.  That is a different, and more obvious warning in most cases.

In any case, don’t be offering your social security or bank numbers in a forum thread…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 02, 2021 @ 02:29 AM
frdgb
Total Posts:  23
Joined  05-14-2018

As for the change password prompt, this may be due to a high level security setting on your device.  Or it may be due to another matter…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 26, 2023 @ 07:57 AM
Mlg4ever
Joined  07-27-2003

Thanks ?

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Crescendo and decrescendo features
Next Topic:

File button (Problem SOLVED) ››