mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Performance mode question"

Posted on: January 05, 2021 @ 08:53 PM
richie1027
Total Posts:  686
Joined  10-14-2008

Greetings and best wishes to you all for 2021.  Hope this post finds you all healthy and virus free.

It’s been years since I’ve fiddled with performances, particularly with the editing pages where “parameter with voice”and “voice with arp” options are found. 

I’d like to change a voice in a part (or several parts), but have the arpeggios stay the same.  I’ve not been able to do that today.  I tried turning the above two options on/off in different combinations, but the arpeggios 1-5 keep changing. 
Any tips appreciated, or perhaps it’s just not a permissible option.

Thanks everyone. 

PS:  I tend to forget simple things more and more, but I’m told that’s normal (like not recalling where my car keys are).  I’m told the real concern is when I forget what the keys are used for!  So far I remember.  Whew.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 06, 2021 @ 09:40 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
richie1027 - 05 January 2021 08:53 PM

Greetings and best wishes to you all for 2021.  Hope this post finds you all healthy and virus free.

Ditto!

richie1027 -

It’s been years since I’ve fiddled with performances, particularly with the editing pages where “parameter with voice”and “voice with arp” options are found. 

I’d like to change a voice in a part (or several parts), but have the arpeggios stay the same.  I’ve not been able to do that today.  I tried turning the above two options on/off in different combinations, but the arpeggios 1-5 keep changing. 
Any tips appreciated, or perhaps it’s just not a permissible option.

Voice with Arp…
Once that function has been turned on, selecting an Arp causes the Voice for the Part to change to one appropriate for the selected Arp. So it’s contrary to what you’d like to do.

Parameter with Voice…
With this function turned on, selecting a Voice for a Part will bring along several of the Voice’s Parameters that wouldn’t otherwise be copied to the Part. However, that includes the associated Arps, so again won’t meet your goal.

With “Parameter with Voice” turned off beforehand, selecting a Voice for a Part won’t change the Arps, but several other Parameters from the Voice won’t be copied - that may or may not be acceptable. See this support article for details:
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/support/view/motif_xs_parameter_with_voice

richie1027 -

Thanks everyone. 

PS:  I tend to forget simple things more and more, but I’m told that’s normal (like not recalling where my car keys are).  I’m told the real concern is when I forget what the keys are used for!  So far I remember.  Whew.

Getting older has its pitfalls. Being one of “that age”, I empathize. However, I strongly believe that getting older is preferable to the alternative.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Load Single Voice
Next Topic:

Motif input to Antelope Orion Studio ››