mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Motif XS7 or MOXF6?"

Posted on: October 23, 2020 @ 01:26 PM
Nadrog
Total Posts:  2
Joined  10-21-2020

Hello
New forum member here
I haven’t Motif now, but I am in search for keyboard and narrowed my search to Motif XS7 or MOXF6.
Currently I have Kurzweil PC3LE6 and try to find something more satisfying to me.

I try, after cca 10 years, with playing keyboard and making my own music again. My main instrument is guitar and I try to find some expressive and not so hard to learn keyboard.
I like Yamaha sound, in past I have Yamaha EX5, with great sound and not so great interface.
I lean toward Motif XS7 because of larger keybed and aftertouch but I doubt than MOXF is more user friendly.
I need something with inspirative synth sounds, pianos, electric pianos, some strings and synth strings to. Emulation of real instruments, except pianos, is not so important to me.
Good and easy to use drums and, very important to me, real time controls, especially for synths.

XS have ribbon control,aftertouch and lot of knobs and sliders, are they usable for real time sound control?
MOXF have new synth engine and maybe sound better? and maybe is easier to use?
For composing, home use only, what You recommend?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 25, 2020 @ 09:33 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

As much as I like to encourage new ownership of Motif-family models, what you are looking for might not be best met by an XS or MOXF. Motifs tend to require some effort to get at all they are capable of, and some users would not describe them as particularly “user friendly”.

The XS is not a current model - it was discontinued several years ago, and was replaced with the Motif XF (which has also been discontinued), and therefore will only be available used.

Before a purchase, if at all possible, I suggest that you get some hands-on experience with whichever synth you are considering. At a minimum, download Owner’s and Reference manuals so that you can determine if operation seems to fit your requirements. You might also read some of the Support articles for models you are considering. See http://www.motifator.com/index.php/support/

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 14, 2020 @ 09:00 AM
Edmund123
Total Posts:  1
Joined  12-14-2020

Hallo, ich hätte eventuell einen Motif XS 7 zu verkaufen. Es ist fast neuwertig , da wenig gebraucht. Für mich ist das Gerät einfach zu kompliziert. Wie viel würdest du zahlen?
Gruß Edmund

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Motif XS voice to S90ES?
Next Topic:

How to ’midi’ my Motif XS with the Roland Fantom? ››