mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Drop in output to L and R AND headphones. Also, sluggish transport buttons."

Posted on: September 24, 2020 @ 12:09 AM
muscarella
Total Posts:  542
Joined  11-01-2003

Before I do anything drastic while my MOXF8 is still under original warrantee, tonight the output to my headphones AND the output from the L and R mains seemed to drop considerably in Volume. I unplugged my FC7 just in case it was the culprit but there was no difference.

My understanding is that the headphone feed is linked to the basic output and if there’s distortion or noise or loss of volume or frequency in the mains it will ALSO present itself in the headphones.

I don’t think it’s related, but I’m also having trouble with the transport buttons on the left. They seem really sluggish. I have to press the Back button a couple times to make it do it’s “one measure at a time” leap. The Play button is also sluggish and sometimes doesn’t respond at all. I’ve had several MOX and MOXF keyboards over the last 7 years so I’m sure it’s not my imagination. Same with the Volume issue. 

Unless anybody has anything else I might troubleshoot, I think this thing is going to need some work.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 25, 2020 @ 05:31 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
muscarella - 24 September 2020 12:09 AM

Before I do anything drastic while my MOXF8 is still under original warrantee, tonight the output to my headphones AND the output from the L and R mains seemed to drop considerably in Volume. I unplugged my FC7 just in case it was the culprit but there was no difference.

My understanding is that the headphone feed is linked to the basic output and if there’s distortion or noise or loss of volume or frequency in the mains it will ALSO present itself in the headphones.

You’ve posted in the Motif XF forum, but I’ll reply here since the answers will be appropriate for both models.

Yes, most problems affecting the Main L+R outputs will be present at the PHONES jack as well.

muscarella -

I don’t think it’s related, but I’m also having trouble with the transport buttons on the left. They seem really sluggish. I have to press the Back button a couple times to make it do it’s “one measure at a time” leap. The Play button is also sluggish and sometimes doesn’t respond at all. I’ve had several MOX and MOXF keyboards over the last 7 years so I’m sure it’s not my imagination. Same with the Volume issue. 

Unless anybody has anything else I might troubleshoot, I think this thing is going to need some work.

1) Overall Volume level can be controlled in Utility mode. I suggest checking that setting.
2) Sluggish response can be caused by MIDI feedback, etc. If a computer is connected, temporarily disconnect it and see if the situation improves.

It’s rare that a factory reset is required, but in this case you might try one. Of course, be sure to save an “All” file beforehand.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 09, 2020 @ 09:49 PM
muscarella
Total Posts:  542
Joined  11-01-2003

Since the keyboard was only purchased in March 2020 I ended up bringing the keyboard to the Yamaha certified technician in my city. The technician did NOT think it was necessarily coincidental that I experienced the volume drop at the same time I was dealing with the sluggish transport.

It’s been a couple weeks now, but it might take a while for the problems to display themselves again at the repair shop.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ XF8 MIDI control in performance mode - possible?
Next Topic:

Rewriting samples XF ››