mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Question on re-ordering arpeggio list"

Posted on: June 09, 2020 @ 05:42 PM
sensory123
Total Posts:  15
Joined  01-17-2012

Hi..
can the arpeggios be re-ordered by number on MOXF? It’s awful scrolling for them and will eventually destroy the scroll wheel

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 09, 2020 @ 09:28 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
sensory123 - 09 June 2020 05:42 PM

Hi..
can the arpeggios be re-ordered by number on MOXF?

No.

sensory123 -

It’s awful scrolling for them and will eventually destroy the scroll wheel

You asked a similar question here…
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/481839/
...and I replied with information valid for the Motif XF, because you posted in that forum.

For the MOXF, if you’re concerned about wear and tear on the Data Dial…
I suggest using the Yamaha MOXF Editor, where for Voices, Songs, and Patterns you can readily select Arps with your computer’s mouse.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 11, 2020 @ 05:50 PM
sensory123
Total Posts:  15
Joined  01-17-2012

Thank you, I don’t understand the interface that well, so posting in different places is not intentional. I’m not using a computer so that tip doesnt help me avoid the scrolling
Thank you though

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 08, 2020 @ 12:53 PM
tuna
Total Posts:  13
Joined  12-30-2019

Just a friendly tip from someone who’s spent the last 6 months avoiding digital audio workstations, start using a DAW & you’ll never touch the sequencer on the MOXF again.

I was intimidated by DAW’s because every time I tried to use them I had seemingly unexplainable problems getting any sounds out.

Solutions for MIDI were that there was no associated sample for the MIDI data to play.

As to audio, it was usually a muted channel or input monitoring being turned off.

The learning curve is not as steep as for the MOXF & unlike the MOXF there are plenty of great youtube channels with well organized tutorials for Ableton & Logic Pro X.

It took me about a month of watching them, taking notes & fiddling around, to get competent with Ableton & I’m working on Logic Pro X now. They both have similar functions so it’s easier to learn a 2nd DAW once you get the hang of one.

Ableton Live 10 Lite is free & provides a ton of functionality. The main limitation to me was that it only allows 8 tracks & 8 scenes but I found that working within this confinement actually made me more focused. Kind of like limiting yourself to a specific harmonic progression & a set number of chord qualities.

I’m a Mac user & prefer the Logic Pro interface as well as the vast library of samples, software instruments, loops & overall functionality & workflow.

Being able to use an iPad as a wireless MIDI controller with Logic Remote is priceless.

[ Ignore ]