mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Trouble setting up VST for MOXF6"

Posted on: May 25, 2020 @ 12:13 PM
johnnysmooth
Total Posts:  2
Joined  12-13-2014

Hi,
UPDATE: I was able to get it to work with Cubase (the “auto” button came back, probably to do with which audio driver I used).  Still does not work with Cakewalk/Bandlab.

I’m trying to use the VST plugin to treat my MOXF6 as a virtual instrument.  I’ve installed the latest driver (2.03) and vstplugin (1.6.8).  I can get the plugin to sync and control the MOXF6, but I don’t get any audio.  I also don’t get any MIDI note data sent to the MOXF.

In Cubase, I see the File->VSTi Setup menu, but there is no “Auto” button (well, just an empty black box where it should say Auto).  My list of choices under for audio port are my inputs for my Focusrite, not anything related to the MOXF.

It’s slightly worse under Cakewalk/Bandlab (where I would rather have this work).  There is no VSTi Setup menu at all.  Again, I can set it up to control the MOXF, but no audio and no MIDI note data sent to it.  I don’t get a choice on port 1 MIDI out either.  The MOXF MIDI ports do show up in the MIDI device list - not sure to include them or not, but I’ve tried both.

I’m using Windows 8.1.  I tried a previous version of the plugin (1.6.3).  I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled the driver.  I don’t think I’ve tried an old version of the driver yet.  Any suggestions?

Thanks,
John

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 26, 2020 @ 12:12 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

Welcome to the forum.

If you haven’t already done so, you should probably install the MOXF6/MOXF8 Extensions, which assist in using the MOXF with Cubase. The Extensions are part of the Remote Tools download, available here:
https://usa.yamaha.com/support/updates/index.html?c=music_production&k=MOXF
Choose the correct version for your computer platform and OS.

You may also find some of the support articles helpful.
See http://www.motifator.com/index.php/support/moxf_articles/

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 26, 2020 @ 08:36 PM
johnnysmooth
Total Posts:  2
Joined  12-13-2014

Hi,
Thanks for the reply.  Yes, I’ve downloaded everything for my OS from that site.  That is the VST plugin that I’m trying to get working (version 1.6.8).  I got it working with Cubase, but the VSTi Setup menu item doesn’t appear when I try to use it with either Ableton or Cakewalk/Bandlab.  I can still use it to control the MOXF, but I can’t set up audio through it inside the DAW.  As I said, that part works in Cubase, just not with the other DAWs.
So, more specifically, getting port 1 out in the VST setup working (it currently marks the MOXF port as unavailable), and setting up the audio in/out through the VST would be helpful.

Thanks,
John

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Midi tracks to audio tracks
Next Topic:

Motif xf6 and Moxf6 have the same sounds? ››