mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "SOLVED! Record desktop audio for a Video"

Posted on: March 25, 2020 @ 03:52 AM
el-Odysseas
Total Posts:  190
Joined  04-05-2012

Hallo guys,

I am a pianist and music teacher.
Because of the corona-virus-situation I am teaching from home.
So I record some videos with me playing the pieces,my pupils should practice.
I downloaded a free screen recorder (Ultra Screen Recorder), I connected a digital camera on my PC and I am trying to record the audio coming out of my MOX8.I can only choose as a Desktop Device on the screen recorder app “Line(Yamaha MOX6/MOX8)”, but there is no audio coming in when I play in Standalone Mode.

The MOX is connected via internal USB-audio/MIDI interface to my windows 10 PC.
So I can record both MIDI and audio in a DAW. I also could get to record the sound coming out of a VST (like the VSL-Steinway), by choosing the “Direkt Line(Yamaha MOX6/MOX8)” for audio.

To cut long story short: How to I record directly to PC the audio produced by the MOX`s engine, without the use of an external VST?

Thanks in advance for the help!

el-Odysseas

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 26, 2020 @ 06:47 PM
el-Odysseas
Joined  04-05-2012

Alternativ, for the case I want to teach live via “Skype”, or “Wire” (videocall):

Is it possible to connect a microphon into the A/D input to talk with my pupils and send the stereo output into my PC/Skype?

Greetings and thanks in advance for any suggestions!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 26, 2020 @ 07:15 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

It’s certainly possible to connect a microphone to the A/D INPUT and route the audio to output. Here’s a support article about doing that:
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/support/view/mox6_mox8_setting_up_the_a_d_input

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 27, 2020 @ 05:02 AM
el-Odysseas
Joined  04-05-2012

Hallo 5pinDIN and thank you for the answer.

I connected a mic into the Yamaha-Mox’s A/D input, my keyboard-outputs into an external M-Audio interface, I chose in Skype the M-Audio-Interface as a Mic-line and now I am set to go.

I still do not get, how the usb midi/audio interface exactly works.
I can send audio (and midi) into a DAW, but this audio is not like the physical output signal of the MOX.

Greetings

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 07, 2020 @ 03:45 PM
el-Odysseas
Joined  04-05-2012

I just found a solution to my problem, that does not include a second interface:

I just changed the USB-I/O Mode to “1StereoRec”. Now both the microphone plugged into the A/D INPUT (USB 1/2) and the audio signal from the tone generator (USB 3/4) are output together to the “USB 1/2”
channels of the USB TO [HOST] jack.

Greetings!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 07, 2020 @ 04:19 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

I’m glad you resolved the situation. I thought we had covered how to do that.

As per the support article I previously linked to…
The MOX6/MOX8 allows you to send the A/D INPUT on its own discreet stereo feed to your computer (USB 1/2) when you are using the 4CH (Dual Stereo configuration) set as “2StereoRec”.

This routing scenario is setup to isolate the A/D PART from the rest of the signals - precisely because you want to process it differently from the rest.
--- and ---
In a use case where you are performing “live”, you would set your USB I/O mode to “1StereoRec” (a single stereo output).

[ Ignore ]