mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Re-Ordering the Parts of a Performance"

Posted on: March 30, 2020 @ 12:49 AM
muscarella
Total Posts:  542
Joined  11-01-2003

Well, I’ve serious amounts of time on my hands lately. (sigh...) So I’m going to do some clean-up of various things on my MOXf.

RE: Performances
I like to keep all my Performance Parts in a common line-up, 1 thru 4. Part 1 is always the Voice I’m going to be playing. Part 2 is always the bass instrument, Part 4 is always the drums. Part 3 may have a second instrument with or without an arpeggio, maybe Strings or a Horn. In my haste and also as a result of turning Preset Performances into my own User Performances I’m left with a few Performances where the line-up does not conform as described. I have feeling the Melas software (which I don’t own, btw) or something similar might be easier, but I don’t mind going at it in a slightly tedious manner to avoid bringing a computer into it. My concern, though, is making sure I don’t actually screw up the Performance programming in the attempt. (I’ve found that certain things like Splits and High/Lo assignments get really confounded when I’ve used Performance Creator instead of adapting a Preset, which is a shame because Perf Creator seems like a great tool, but I’ve begun many Perfs in that mode, hit a snag, and had to abort or start all over again.)

So, anyhow....  I’m wondering what would be the most efficient way to go about re-doing those few Performances with the odd Part line-ups. I suspect it will involve rebuilding each in an Initialized Performance “slot”, Copying things over, but I’m not sure if there are Jobs or specific steps that would keep it simple and insure that all the critical and oft-times hidden programming is brought along intact.

Anybody?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 30, 2020 @ 11:48 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
muscarella - 30 March 2020 12:49 AM

[...]

So, anyhow....  I’m wondering what would be the most efficient way to go about re-doing those few Performances with the odd Part line-ups. I suspect it will involve rebuilding each in an Initialized Performance “slot”, Copying things over, but I’m not sure if there are Jobs or specific steps that would keep it simple and insure that all the critical and oft-times hidden programming is brought along intact.

Anybody?

I suggest that you copy the Performance to a second User location. Then use the Performance Copy Part Job to copy any desired Part, one at a time, from the original Performance location to the Part number you want it to be in the second (copied) Performance.

That should keep all the Part Parameters intact as well as the Common ones. You should verify that certain Common Parameters which apply to Parts, such as Effect Insertion Switch and Portamento Part settings are still applied to the correct Part.

Be sure to STORE the edited Performance.

[ Ignore ]