mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Elements 5 through 8 in a Motif XS Voice"

Posted on: February 25, 2020 @ 01:07 AM
tommymandel
Total Posts:  81
Joined  01-15-2003

I was using my favorite Motif Organ patch, 16’+8’+5 1/3’, it’s so fat and the first 4 sliders control the sound in really useful ‘organ-like’ ways.
The way it’s set up, Slider 1 controls the 16’ ‘drawbar;, Slider 2 controls the percussion, Slider 3 controls the 2nd drawbar (which is actually a higher pitch on a Hammond, and also on the Motif) and Slider 4 controls the 8’ drawbar. This is great.
But I wanted to get some ‘whistle’ and figured since there were 4 more Elements available, I’d use Element 5 to program this.
I easily went into Edit, pressed the 5th ‘select’ button, and saw the Element was OFF (which I expected.) So I turned it on there, and then selected a different Wave from the Organ category (Preset) - I made sure it was one that sustained, not a piano type or plucked type sound that would ‘die out.’ BUT IT STILL DIES OUT! I couldn’t find a “one shot” parameter anywhere in the Edit Parameters. Did I miss that somewhere, or are Elements 5-8 only capable of certain behaviors and that’s the reason?
THANKS!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 25, 2020 @ 02:55 AM
stoneb3
Total Posts:  851
Joined  06-05-2011

Head into Common Edit>Common LFO>Set> then uncheck any Elements you wish to sound without a one shot attribute. The Common LFO is used to provide a one shot trigger to Element 2 via Amp Modulation to create a percussive effect.

You may note that the Filter, Amp, and EQ is quite different on Elements 5 thru 8 and you may need to set them accordingly. Using the Job> Copy> Element function could rough it in quick.

Stone

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 25, 2020 @ 03:06 AM
tommymandel
Total Posts:  81
Joined  01-15-2003

Thank you, Stoneb3. Thanks very much.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 25, 2020 @ 03:11 AM
stoneb3
Total Posts:  851
Joined  06-05-2011

Hey you’re welcome Tommy. Probably drove you nuts.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ modes
Next Topic:

Question for Bad Mister ››