mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Arps that automatically fill 5 slots"

Posted on: January 30, 2020 @ 11:40 PM
richie1027
Total Posts:  686
Joined  10-14-2008

I know.  What a title. 

I was recalling a post some years ago when the xs and then the xf were released.  In the XF, there was a specific sequence the user needed to following to have the associated arpeggios (1-5) loaded when setting up a performance. 
I was able to do it once today, but could not duplicate.

Using an initialized performance I pressed edit, then part one.  On the voice page I selected the parameter with voice, and then selected a voice (I tried all presets like piano, organ, brass, etc). I then Went to the next tab, the ARP main page where I turned ON the voice with ARP.  first.  I then selected a voice just above the previous step.

All looked good with ARP 1.  Correct instrument and appropriate ARP for the voice. 
But, ARPs 2-5 were empty.  One time, when I changed the sequence a tad, all 5 arp selections were filled, but with a salad of different and inappropriate arps. 

I recall (maybe?) reading there was a specific sequence but after checking notes, owners manual and reference manual u cannot seem to find a solution, if there is even one.  I can certainly do one by one and select instrument specific arps (MA, MB, Etc) but looking for that shortcut, if there was one to start with. 
Many thanks gentlemen

Rich

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 31, 2020 @ 06:06 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
richie1027 - 30 January 2020 11:40 PM

I know.  What a title. 

I was recalling a post some years ago when the xs and then the xf were released.  In the XF, there was a specific sequence the user needed to following to have the associated arpeggios (1-5) loaded when setting up a performance. 
I was able to do it once today, but could not duplicate.

Using an initialized performance I pressed edit, then part one.  On the voice page I selected the parameter with voice, and then selected a voice (I tried all presets like piano, organ, brass, etc).

Seems OK up to there - turning on “Parameter with Voice” before selecting the Voice for the Part will bring in the associated Arps.

richie1027 -

I then Went to the next tab, the ARP main page where I turned ON the voice with ARP.  first.  I then selected a voice just above the previous step.

That appears to be where you’ve gone astray. “Voice with ARP” is useful when looking for Voices that are appropriate for particular Arps, but that’s apparently not your intent. For your purpose, don’t turn it on.

Do turn on “Switch”, and perhaps “Hold”. Press the [ARPEGGIO] button if it’s not already lit/on.

That should be all that’s necessary.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 31, 2020 @ 03:20 PM
richie1027
Total Posts:  686
Joined  10-14-2008

Thx for differentiating the two settings.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 31, 2020 @ 04:57 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
richie1027 - 31 January 2020 03:20 PM

Thx for differentiating the two settings.

No problem. Some of the Parameter names Yamaha uses are a bit ambiguous. I suspect that there are others who might have been unsure about those settings.

[ Ignore ]