mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Switch parts / tracks in mixing set up with foot controller"

Posted on: January 27, 2020 @ 01:53 PM
V-man
Total Posts:  27
Joined  01-19-2020

Is it possible to switch (inc/dec) between parts in a mixing set up on the xf/moxf with a foot controller?

My scenario is that I use a mixing set up for each song in a set list in a way that Part 1 (midi ch 1) play a Piano, Part 2 (midi ch 2) play layered piano together with strings/pad, Part 3 (midi ch 3) play layered with piano, strings and organ and so forth. This to be able to successivley switch sounds in real time during/within a song in live play.

Can this toggling/switching inc/dec within a mixing set up be made with a foot controler like the Boss FS-6??

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 27, 2020 @ 03:52 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

No, an ordinary foot switch can’t be used to switch Parts.

If you have a means of sending SysEx messages, Parts can be switched.
With the XF in Song/Pattern Mixing mode (press the [MIXING] button)…
Send this message:
F0 43 10 7F 12 64 03 00 pp F7
where pp = Part, 00-0F hex (Part 1-16)

For the MOXF, the message is:
F0 43 10 7F 1C 00 64 03 00 pp F7

Otherwise, is there a reason why you can’t just press the numbered buttons to make selections? It takes just a fraction of a second, and if removing your hands from the keys would otherwise create a gap, using a foot switch to sustain for that very short time will allow a seamless transition.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 27, 2020 @ 08:14 PM
V-man
Total Posts:  27
Joined  01-19-2020

Okey, too bad. Thank’s for your quick answer though! I recently learned that this could be achieved easy with the Nord Stage 3, but you can’t have it all I guess.

The reason why I would like to do this with a foot controller is because I have a Motif XF6 as my secondary keyboard, on top of my stage piano, so this makes it a pretty long way to move one hand from the piano up to the XF and accurately press the correct button.

[ Ignore ]