mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Chicks Mark V - Song file"

Posted on: December 13, 2019 @ 01:34 PM
Wolfgang T.
Total Posts:  74
Joined  11-07-2013

As I downloaded the file “Chicks Mark V”, the song file from Chick Corea is missing.

I would be grateful if somebody can upload this file on this thread.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 13, 2019 @ 02:57 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

There are various “Chicks Mark V” files. When did you download it, from where, and what’s the full name of the “All” file including extension.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 13, 2019 @ 03:12 PM
Wolfgang T.
Joined  11-07-2013

I downloaded the file from the “yamahamusicsoft.com”, it was in the MOTIF PREMIUM CONTENTS PACK (CHICKMK5.X6A)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 13, 2019 @ 04:41 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
Wolfgang T. - 13 December 2019 03:12 PM

I downloaded the file from the “yamahamusicsoft.com”, it was in the MOTIF PREMIUM CONTENTS PACK (CHICKMK5.X6A)

That was a free download for the MOXF. If the file is defective, you might want to contact Yamaha MusicSoft, and see if they can help.

https://www.yamahamusicsoft.com/contacts/

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 22, 2019 @ 12:46 PM
Wolfgang T.
Joined  11-07-2013

5 Pin, as you recommended I contact YAMAHA, but unfortunately they do not deliver the sound file for Chicks Mark 5.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 22, 2019 @ 04:11 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
Wolfgang T. - 22 December 2019 12:46 PM

5 Pin, as you recommended I contact YAMAHA, but unfortunately they do not deliver the sound file for Chicks Mark 5.

I’ve verified that the download from Yamaha MusicSoft indeed contains no Songs or Patterns in CHICKMK5.X6A. There are Songs and Patterns in the XF version of Chick’s MarkV, but such data can’t be loaded directly to the MOXF. Even if SMFs were created, they would be lacking important Mix data, including Mix Voices.

EDIT: I should clarify the issue of Mix data. If the Mixing is placed in an XF Template it could be loaded to the MOXF. It’s also possible to put Program Change and Control Change data into tracks. So SMFs might work, although doing that can be tedious.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 23, 2019 @ 12:39 AM
Wolfgang T.
Joined  11-07-2013

I was always thinking that the MOXF can load all different files from the Motif XF (FULL compatibility) ! ?

Maybe there is a chance to transfer the Motif XF song file to the MOXF with the John Melas Software?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 23, 2019 @ 09:03 AM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
Wolfgang T. - 23 December 2019 12:39 AM

I was always thinking that the MOXF can load all different files from the Motif XF (FULL compatibility) ! ?

The compatibility is limited. See page 157 of the MOXF Reference Manual.

Wolfgang T. -

Maybe there is a chance to transfer the Motif XF song file to the MOXF with the John Melas Software?

The Melas software can convert Mix data. Sequence data may be a different issue. Since Melas improves his software periodically, I suggest you contact him and ask.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 27, 2019 @ 04:00 PM
Wolfgang T.
Joined  11-07-2013

As recommended I contacted Mr. John Melas:

Here is the answere:

“Absolutely yes with my MOXF Total Librarian you can import everything from XF files!”

Therefore I would be grateful if somebody can upload the Chicks Marks Song file on this thread.

[ Ignore ]