mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Loop in performance mode."

Posted on: December 14, 2019 @ 10:06 PM
richie1027
Total Posts:  686
Joined  10-14-2008

First of all, thank you for the help with last post I put up.

I never played Stevie’s Superstition so I’ve got the main clavinet lick (although he had a few more)
I also want to integrate the horns that come in on 2nd verse but I’m not good enough to play clavinet with left hand and horns with right hand. 
I’d love to have a loop of the clavinet I could engage when doing horns but I haven’t found anything in advanced search mode, but perhaps my word strings were lousy

And suggestions appreciated.  I’m doing a last minute fill-in on a gig so horns are not a necessity, but they do sound nice.

Thanks everyone. 

Rich

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 15, 2019 @ 11:01 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
richie1027 - 14 December 2019 10:06 PM

[...] I’d love to have a loop of the clavinet I could engage when doing horns [...]

To play a loop you might consider Pattern mode, although it does have some limitations as opposed to Performance mode.

There are two ways to place a Performance in a Pattern. One is to use Direct Performance Record, selecting an unused Pattern location as destination. You could record the clav part in that manner. Be aware that the Parts in the Pattern will be placed on separate MIDI Receive Channels, although that can be changed.

Another approach is to copy the Performance to a Pattern, and then do any recording in that mode. The Parts will all be assigned to the same MIDI channel, as in Performance mode.

Whether using Pattern mode will work for you could depend on how you have splits set up (note range and MIDI channel).

The following thread and support article might offer some insight into possibilities and pitfalls…

http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/465634/

http://www.motifator.com/index.php/support/view/how_to_copy_a_performance_to_the_sequencer1

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 17, 2019 @ 01:51 AM
richie1027
Total Posts:  686
Joined  10-14-2008

Thank you 5pin.  It worked, at least in my studio.  We’ll see how it goes this Thursday at the gig. 
Appreciate your assistance as always.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 17, 2019 @ 03:14 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

You’re welcome, I’m glad that approach seems to work for you.

Once the Pattern sequence is recorded, I can’t see a reason why it wouldn’t work at your gig. The only precaution I can suggest is if you need to stop and restart the sequence from the beginning - make sure to hit the [▐◄ ] (Top) button before pressing [ â–º ] (Play).

[ Ignore ]