mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Mode weel to work as peach weel on motif xf"

Posted on: December 15, 2019 @ 07:35 PM
dvdv1234
Total Posts:  40
Joined  10-28-2014

Can i set the mode weel to work as a peach weel?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 15, 2019 @ 08:59 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
dvdv1234 - 15 December 2019 07:35 PM

Can i set the mode weel to work as a peach weel?

The Modulation Wheel (Mod Wheel or MW) Destination could be set to either “coarse tune” or “fine tune”. The Pitch Bend control can both increase and decrease pitch, depending on which way the wheel is moved from the center position. The Mod Wheel doesn’t have a center detent, and Depth can only be set to a positive or negative value. Therefore the MW is limited to either increasing or decreasing pitch when moved from minimum to maximum position.

See http://www.motifator.com/storage/support/XS_Assigning_Controllers.pdf

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 16, 2019 @ 02:06 PM
zpink
Total Posts:  427
Joined  08-02-2014

On the MoXF, which I think should be the same engine, both tuning and control set is saved with voice, so it worked ‘fine’ to set depth to +12 and detune -6 to be able to bend both up and down and have a ‘fictional centre’.
I had to try this out, but think I’ll stick to using the PB instead since as 5PinDIN pointed out, the MW doesn’t have a proper centre. ;-)

EDIT, setting the depth of the PB to 0 freed it up to be used as a bouncy Filter cut-off controller.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Loop in performance mode.
Next Topic:

Semi-newbie questions ››