mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "ES7 as a Controller in Ableton 10 but only one Octave plays?"

Posted on: December 07, 2019 @ 07:54 PM
uniquelee
Total Posts:  4
Joined  04-07-2016

Hi all,

I’ve not been here for some time but i have a strange one.

When i use Ableton and set up the input/output controller, i can get thw DAW to recognise the Yamaha ES7 0-4 message up in the DAW preferences, and all seems well, but when i play the keyboard, only one octave sounds (from g3 TO b4) and from then on it acts as a Remote control surface (even though remote ins’t checked in the box), and the higher keys are opening windows, turning things on and off, ect.

All i want it to do is simply play all 76 keys and input musical notes into the DAW for now, as it does in SQ01 with no issues.

Any ideas on what i’m doing wrong or not clicking or activating? Any help would be much appreciated as i’ve just got myself an M-audio Hammer 88 and that works a treat (all 88 keys sound and minimum latency). I have no issues in SQ01 when it comes to the Remote control, audio mixer, ect but the one octave range is a baffler.

If images are required to further aid the query, let me know

Much obliged

Lee

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 08, 2019 @ 09:12 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

I don’t use Ableton, so the following is generic information…

Usually problems with a DAW such as described are due to incorrect MIDI Port assignments. Transmission of data such as note-on/off is done on Port 1, typically seen as “Yamaha Motif ES7-1” by MIDI applications such as DAWs. That setting should be enabled wherever preferences for MIDI track I/O are set in the DAW.

Hopefully a member who has an ES and uses Ableton will reply with specifics.

EDIT: I found this…
https://help.ableton.com/hc/en-us/articles/209774265
...which might be helpful.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Cubase 10 remote control
Next Topic:

Mainstage and Motif ES Rack ››