mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Trouble loading New Voice bank PF2 to Moxf8"

Posted on: December 19, 2018 @ 03:55 AM
Vinny1
Total Posts:  6
Joined  05-25-2015

Can anyone help me with a problem I’m having loading the pink floyd sound banks. I keep getting the error message ‘illegal file’ it’s a x6a file so should be ok. I’ve gone back to Easy sounds who say they’ve tested the files and are ok and I can load the x4a version though this doesn’t include the samples I paid for in this version. Any help greatly appreciated.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 19, 2018 @ 08:34 AM
Argalad
Total Posts:  11
Joined  08-19-2017

Casually I’ve been trying to do the same in my MOXF6 and with the 2, 3 and 4th files say “file not found”

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 19, 2018 @ 10:20 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
Vinny1 - 19 December 2018 03:55 AM

Can anyone help me with a problem I’m having loading the pink floyd sound banks. I keep getting the error message ‘illegal file’ it’s a x6a file so should be ok. I’ve gone back to Easy sounds who say they’ve tested the files and are ok and I can load the x4a version though this doesn’t include the samples I paid for in this version. Any help greatly appreciated.

I’m not familiar with the Pink Floyd library from Easy Sounds that you’re referring to. However, hopefully we can help you resolve problems with properly loading the MOXF “All"/X6A file.

An “Illegal File” message is described as “The file specified for loading is unusable by this instrument or cannot be loaded in the current mode”.

There are several possible causes for that situation. Some comments and questions to help determine what the problem is…
1) An X6A file with samples will only load to a MOXF that has an optional flash module installed. Does yours?

2) Which mode is the MOXF in when you’re attempting to load the file?

3) What is the exact full name of the file and size of the file?

4) Which OS is installed in the MOXF? To check that, press [UTILITY], press [JOB]. Let us know the “FIRM” version.

By the way, your member profile indicates you have a Motif ES. Please update it to reflect any recent changes.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 23, 2018 @ 04:50 PM
Vinny1
Joined  05-25-2015

There are several possible causes for that situation. Some comments and questions to help determine what the problem is…
1) An X6A file with samples will only load to a MOXF that has an optional flash module installed. Does yours?

2) Which mode is the MOXF in when you’re attempting to load the file?

3) What is the exact full name of the file and size of the file?

4) Which OS is installed in the MOXF? To check that, press [UTILITY], press [JOB]. Let us know the “FIRM” version.

By the way, your member profile indicates you have a Motif ES. Please update it to reflect any recent changes.

1 Yes I have the flash mode installed
2 Probably performance or voice mode
3 there are few versions(some with waveforms some without
without : Pink Floyd Collect.1MOX.X6A size 1700kb
With waveforms: Pink Floyd Collection Vers.2&sample;.X6A size: 4624 Kb I also have an X4A version this loads but doesn’t include all the sounds as advertised and no wave-forms but loads satisfactorily called : Pink Floyd Collect.1.x4A

4. Firm version : v1.12.0

I have the ES8 still but have bought an MOXF for gigging and have altered my profile accordingly

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 23, 2018 @ 07:46 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
Vinny1 - 23 December 2018 04:50 PM

1 Yes I have the flash mode installed
2 Probably performance or voice mode
3 there are few versions(some with waveforms some without
without : Pink Floyd Collect.1MOX.X6A size 1700kb
With waveforms: Pink Floyd Collection Vers.2&sample;.X6A size: 4624 Kb I also have an X4A version this loads but doesn’t include all the sounds as advertised and no wave-forms but loads satisfactorily called : Pink Floyd Collect.1.x4A

4. Firm version : v1.12.0

OK. There were problems loading certain files with early MOXF OS versions, but 1.12 is the most recent.

Will the Pink Floyd Collect.1MOX.X6A file (without samples) load, or does it result in the same “Illegal File” message as the file with samples?

Are you able to save/load other X6A files to/from the USB drive you’re using?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 24, 2018 @ 07:49 AM
Vinny1
Joined  05-25-2015

Unfortunately the file without waveform also returns the same illegal file message. The USB I have used is loading and saving other X6A files and I’ve also used other to no avail

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 24, 2018 @ 10:04 AM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
Vinny1 - 24 December 2018 07:49 AM

Unfortunately the file without waveform also returns the same illegal file message. The USB I have used is loading and saving other X6A files and I’ve also used other to no avail

Based on your reply, it’s likely that the files you have are either corrupted or incompatible with your MOXF.

In your original post you stated “I’ve gone back to Easy sounds who say they’ve tested the files and are ok...” and I replied “I’m not familiar with the Pink Floyd library from Easy Sounds that you’re referring to”. I’ve since done some online research, and can find no such product from Easy Sounds. Easy Sounds seems to be a reliable and responsive company, and it would be unlikely that they would produce such a library and not resolve problems with it.

Is it possible that the library you’ve referred to is actually one from ”Lead Sounds”?
http://www.leadsounds.com/Yamaha-Mox-Pink-Floyd
https://www.synthonia.com/marketplace/yamaha/mox-moxf/yamaha-mox-pink-floyd-v2-pack-detail
If so, I suggest that you contact the seller and try again to resolve the problem.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 24, 2018 @ 02:24 PM
Vinny1
Joined  05-25-2015

It was the pink floyd from Synthonia that I’m having difficulty with

Thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 24, 2018 @ 07:34 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
Vinny1 - 24 December 2018 02:24 PM

It was the pink floyd from Synthonia that I’m having difficulty with

Synthonia is apparently selling the Lead Sounds product.

Vinny1 -

Thanks

You’re welcome. Best of luck in getting things rectified.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 08, 2019 @ 09:09 AM
synthonia
Total Posts:  1
Joined  01-07-2019

Hi guys, the 2 files you are referring to are for Motif Xs / Xf, so do not work on Mox-Moxf serie.

please check this new version for Mox-Moxf we sent you via email.
We are also working on the new V3 update
we’ll give it to you for free

Emily

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 14, 2019 @ 07:22 PM
james56
Total Posts:  2
Joined  12-24-2013

I have gone through the manual and have yet to read weather it accepts only 16bit wav files or both 16bit and 24bit files. Does anyone out there know, I really would appreciate your help. Thanks!!

[ Ignore ]