mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "motif xf7 Motherboard"

Posted on: October 26, 2019 @ 08:16 PM
PastorRodney
Total Posts:  1
Joined  10-26-2019

I need a main board for my motif xf7 do any one know where I could get one used and working.. it comes on but, just shows the yamaha Logo no lights on or anything just the Logo.. I was told I need a motherboard.. I believe the xf6 and xf7 has the same motherboard..

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 27, 2019 @ 12:57 PM
🎹Lex
Total Posts:  81
Joined  05-20-2009

From looking at the service manual, I can tell you that Yamaha’s internal name for the board is “YC405D0” while the part number is “WU045000”. Rather than “motherboard”, these Motif main boards are usually termed the “DM board” or “main PCB” from what I have seen. These identifiers and terms might help a bit in searching for one for purchase.

Unfortunately I’m not seeing anything available from a quick web search of my own: not even an out-of-stock listing for $1,013.30 like you’ll find in a search for the XS’s main board.

Did they give you any more information about any specific component on the board that had failed, or suspected causes? Also, was it an authorized Yamaha service center that you spoke with?

[ Ignore ]