mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "UD-BT01"

Posted on: September 19, 2016 @ 07:24 PM
Grandad1946
Total Posts:  40
Joined  08-31-2014

I did a search but only found reference to the Yamaha MD-BT01, has anyone used the UD-BT01with an MOXF or similar model. If so any comments as to how well it works with IOS apps, e,g, Garage Band, ease of setting up.

Thanks in advance
Grandad

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 19, 2016 @ 07:28 PM
Mighty Motif Max
Total Posts:  317
Joined  04-30-2016

Never used one, and I do not have a MOXF, but the Yamaha USA page shows the moxf in the example. http://usa.yamaha.com/products/musical-instruments/keyboards/accessories/interfaces/ud-bt01/?mode=model

-Max

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 19, 2016 @ 07:48 PM
Grandad1946
Total Posts:  40
Joined  08-31-2014

Cheers Max, I hadn’t noticed the video, seems ideal as a way of connecting to my iPad, might be worth investing £42

Grandad

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 19, 2016 @ 10:35 PM
Mighty Motif Max
Total Posts:  317
Joined  04-30-2016

I actually didn’t see the video. I was thinking, if the UD-BT01 connects via a USB-B (USB TO HOST port), as it shows, the MOXF keyboards have one. It should work with it fine, as midi is midi. The Motif XF also has a port, as do many other Yamaha keyboards.
You SHOULD be able to just connect the UD-BT01 to the USB To Host port on a keyboard, and then it should work fine. You profile does not indicate any specific keyboard, so I can only tell you the technical information.

-Max

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 20, 2016 @ 06:54 PM
nbadesign
Total Posts:  994
Joined  08-20-2007

I have MD-BT01 and it works really fine. Just have to set your instrument to MIDI and turn off. Plug BT, than turn on and start app that supports this device. I have only noticed when using with Rack XS that I could not use USB keyboard connected to iPad since after that I could not control Rack. Immediately after unplugging USB keyboard, I could select voices from VoiceEditor, for instance.

But, there is one really feature. MD-BT works with every (yes every!) Yamaha device that I have, not just those mentioned in compatibility list. I have checked with Motif ES and even with MU2000EX and it works without issues!!!!
I was really surprised when I have realized that I could play plugin boards installed in 15yr old MU2000EX wirelessly using on screen keyboard on iPad in Cubasis. Even more, I’m using USB only small keyboard (Korg microKEY 2) connected to iPad to play voices in MU2000EX (PLG-150VL, PLG150-DX and
PLG-150AN).

Alex

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 18, 2018 @ 09:53 PM
kvt
Total Posts:  78
Joined  04-30-2011

Can we use MD-BT to receive MIDI signal from IPAD?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 21, 2018 @ 01:11 PM
paddyman
Total Posts:  1
Joined  01-01-2018

Yes it works fine. I use the MOXF8 an IPAD Air2 and the App Setlistmaker to change the performances, Voices etc.....  Works perfectly!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 07, 2019 @ 07:28 AM
lolo199
Total Posts:  1
Joined  10-07-2019
paddyman - 21 August 2018 01:11 PM

Yes it works fine. I use the MOXF8 an IPAD Air2 and the App Setlistmaker to change the performances, Voices etc.....  Works perfectly!

Hello,
I have the same configuration Moxf + Ipad2 + MD-BT01 but cant’t detect it with bluetooth. It ‘s seem that MD-BT01 works with bluetooth 4 and Ipad 2 has bluetooth 2… Please, could you confirm.
Thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Sax Settings
Next Topic:

Sustain pedal function - VST- Cubase - YC3 ››