mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "XS Rack Locking Up, and inconsistent Windows 10 connection…"

Posted on: September 05, 2019 @ 05:21 AM
JCT
Total Posts:  91
Joined  07-04-2009

Good morning.  I have searched for help on this, but not had luck.  I am not new to the Motif stuff, I am the rack.  I am trying to setup custom User patches, and use some purchased sounds (no samples). 

I am using the latest Studio Manager, the Stand Alone Editor, and the XS is up to date. 

I am able to connect, using Studio Manager to assign the ports as the manual says.  I am never able to see the XS Rack within the “Modify Workspace” tab of the setup....though not sure if this device shows up there.  Maybe that is normal…

I then go to the editor, setup as the manual says, and hit connect.  It works (usually).  From there I can send stuff to the XS Rack, but, usually it does not take all the voices I send, and locks up.  The editor also then jumps to “offline”.  Sometimes I can’t even get it back online without rebooting the XS, my PC, and then starting the process all over (the ports switch when I do this).  Then it usually can reconnect, but the problem starts over.

I have tried syncing a single sound, and that worked, but at some point it still freezes.

It is new, so driving me crazy as I have not even gotten to use it.

I do have Cubase Artist 7.5, but I don’t use it often.  Only mentioning as if it is an issue with Studio Manager, I could try that.

Thanks in advance!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 05, 2019 @ 09:47 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

I can’t directly assist, since I don’t use Studio Manager or Windows 10. When problems such as you’ve described occur, I’m inclined to blame Win 10, since Microsoft keeps updating it and its hard for Yamaha and other manufacturers to keep on top of any changes that might impact operation of older software (drivers, etc.). I’m presuming that you have the most appropriate software for your configuration installed…
https://usa.yamaha.com/support/updates/index.html?c=music_production&k=Motif-Rack+XS

You might find something helpful in this support article and the links within it…
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/support/view/vst_editor_vs_studio_manager_editor_for_motif_xs_and_motif_rack_xs
... but if not, and if nobody else has better insight, I suggest that you contact Yamaha Support.

[ Ignore ]